Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Ancellotti is a great tactician, weird statement

Aye it's arguably his best trait :lol: the only real criticism of Ancelotti is his style of management isn't really suited to the long haul of league campaigns, as shown by his league title haul being a lot less than it should have been.

That aside the man is fantastic.

Now the manager has more time on the training ground with the players I expect a few subtle changes in the way we play. I know what he wants from the team, he hates attacking football, exciting players and goals.

That's more like it.

Now the manager has more time on the training ground with the players I expect a few subtle changes in the way we play. I know what he wants from the team, he hates attacking football, exciting players and goals.

That's more like it.

The caretaker manager said this is what he was expecting from Pardew as well, in the interview on MOTD the other night.

That's more like it.

The caretaker manager said this is what he was expecting from Pardew as well, in the interview on MOTD the other night.

I bet even Pardew himself had a chuckle at that.

B6nBp8bCIAAvkul.png

How grim is that as a prize, though?

A few hours of defensive training drills; a meal where Alan chooses what you eat; then 90 minutes of watching your team dry humped by your neighbours.

http://i.imgur.com/FhTB4CH.jpg

Top notch!

Can we have a new poll? A "How long will the charlatan last at CPFC" poll?

Personally I reckon he will be binned by the end of next season at the VERY latest...

That's more like it.

They didn't watch us at all under him then. Just repeating his lies for him. As of course he does often publicly say he likes attacking football and flair players, while in reality he's shit scared of breaking up his team's shape, and therefore relies on a little bit of luck/magic/science or whatever to nick his team (not us anymore thank god) a goal while keeping it tight.

I liked

Personally I think it was made easier as everyone carried out their task to the manager's instruction.

Wayne Hennessey started in goal

Tbf, he was probably expecting to be shunted out wide as an extra left back.

What gets me is how any Palace fan can watch that welcome interview where he looks like he wishes he was dead and can't show even one fake shred of enthusiasm to be there and still support him.

They're absolutely desperate to believe this is a great appointment, anything that suggests otherwise is ignored.  They're basically just putting their hands over their ears and screaming "Nah nah nah can't here you" while grinning inanely.

I respect TCD for holding to his guns sometimes, but between thinking Cabella was tall, having opinions on matches he hasn't seen yet, rating Pardew's brilliant dressing room morale, and stating that Wenger and Ancelotti are poor tacticians, I'm actually at a loss for words right now :lol:

Ancelotti's greatest strength is his flexibility in building a cohesive team around his best players. Which makes him such a great manager for a top club (that has ownership which largely decides Marquee signings). Doesn't matter who they are, he'll find a way to build a system around them and bring the best out of the star men.

That is a consistent strategy, not tactics. It's a long-term approach to achieve aims. Tactics are for specific tasks.

Ancelotti's greatest strength is his flexibility in building a cohesive team around his best players. Which makes him such a great manager for a top club (that has ownership which largely decides Marquee signings). Doesn't matter who they are, he'll find a way to build a system around them and bring the best out of the star men.

That is a consistent strategy, not tactics. It's a long-term approach to achieve aims. Tactics are for specific tasks.

Like hammering Bayern Munich?

What about it?

Listening to some on here you would believe Pardew is an awful manager/coach and that's not really true. Especially in the short-term.

He was here for 4 years and never lost the dressing room. He's seemingly pretty good at creating a harmonious team spirit and belief. When the winds are behind his sails his teams can pick up fantastic momentum and he'll not cock it up by trying to be too smart, chopping and changing the team. They'll not smash teams but they'll probably beat teams they shouldn't.

But he has zero tactical acumen. When confidence is low, the team won't rise in performance due to his management approach or tactics. His penchant for work-men like midfielders in wide areas is painful. Once he's settled on lads he likes - they aren't coming out the team. He has no philosophy.

But he's not the worst manager out there. Palace have a decent chance of staying up this season. They'll need to give him the boot after 18 months or things will go sour.

How can someone not be an awful manager ( your view) and have zero tactical acumen (again your view).

TCD's criticism of Pardew was always half hearted, he's obviously a secret admirer really. I'm glad Pardew's stayed in the premier though, by the end of next season most of the pundits will be quietly dropping the insistence that he's a good manager and had his hands tied behind his back.

What about it?

He changed his tactics to hammer one of the best teams in Europe

What about it?

So that makes him a tactical mastermind? That's the only thing i've said about him.

He first employed that shape and approach against another possession based side in the Spanish Cup final. It worked well there and it worked better against Bayern who where more extreme in the possession based approach. But that doesn't make him a tactical mastermind. It once again showed his flexibility in systems to get the most out of his best players. He went extreme counter-attack 4-4-2.

He also possesses one of the best teams in Europe.

What about it?

So that makes him a tactical mastermind? That's the only thing i've said about him.

He first employed that shape and approach against another possession based side in the Spanish Cup final. It worked well there and it worked better against Bayern who where more extreme in the possession based approach. But that doesn't make him a tactical mastermind. It once again showed his flexibility in systems to get the most out of his best players. He went extreme counter-attack 4-4-2.

He also possesses one of the best teams in Europe.

So what are tactic if that isn't a tactic? :lol:

Ancelotti is loved by almost every player, and is seen as some sort of grandfather, in almost an SBR vein. I think this alone goes a long way in bringing him success and getting the best out of his players. No surprise he's doing well at Madrid as they needed someone older, calmer, who garnered respect in the dressing room, after the volatile, divisive nature of Mourinho (who I admire as well for the opposite reasons, almost).