Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Talksport reporting about reports of a meeting between Ashley and Pardew today

Let's hope they get in a row about the weekend, and Pards stabs Ash to death with his own letter opener in a frenzied attack.

Fat Mike out of the picture once and for all, and Pards on the run to f***ing Guatemala or somewhere.

Dreamland!

what have the poor people of Guatemala done to you like?  :mike:

I have to confess that in my desperation I didn't spare them a thought.  :undecided:

BBC Sport's Ben Smith: "I'm told Mike Ashley will not be swayed by the feelings of the supporters. He was at St Mary's on Saturday but did not hold 'crisis talks' with Pardew afterwards, despite reports to the contrary.

"The message is that Pardew is expected to be in charge for the game against Hull on Saturday."

He won't admit to being swayed by supporters whether he is or isn't.  Whatever, just go out there and keep the pressure on and wether its fan pressure or results or a mixture of both he's gone.  Might not be this week or even next but he's gone, there's no way back now IMO its gone to far.

Guest Roger Kint

I really think Ashley is trying to call his bluff. He can tell Pardew will crack soon and resign without a payoff. Ashley is an evil genius after all and he certainly can't be stupid enough to let him take us down.

Any payoff would be less than one Premier League placing so its arguably better to ditch the fraud asap both for football and financial reasons. That and even Ashley must think hes a wanker

BBC Sport's Ben Smith: "I'm told Mike Ashley will not be swayed by the feelings of the supporters. He was at St Mary's on Saturday but did not hold 'crisis talks' with Pardew afterwards, despite reports to the contrary.

"The message is that Pardew is expected to be in charge for the game against Hull on Saturday."

Which suggests that chanting we love you pards is more likely to get him removed!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/28728449

Football: 10:55  Alan Pardew latest

BBC Radio 5 Live's football reporter Ian Dennis: "I understand Alan Pardew still has the backing of owner Mike Ashley.

"There were calls from the fans for the Newcastle United manager to be sacked after Saturday's 4-0 defeat at Southampton.

"It's a case of business as usual for Pardew who is preparing the side as normal for Saturday's visit of Hull City."

Yet another hammering on the cards then........definately personal this from Ashley will gamble that we will stay up despite this clown.

I really think Ashley is trying to call his bluff. He can tell Pardew will crack soon and resign without a payoff. Ashley is an evil genius after all and he certainly can't be stupid enough to let him take us down.

Any payoff would be less than one Premier League placing so its arguably better to ditch the fraud asap both for football and financial reasons. That and even Ashley must think hes a wanker

i think it goes against the nature of a man like ashley who lives for every penny, he had his fingers burnt paying off allardyce (and then keegan actually) and won't want it again with this shitsack i'm sure

i also think he's pushing pardew to the edge in the hope he'll walk from the pressure

hull atmosphere is imperative

Guest Roger Kint

i think it goes against the nature of a man like ashley who lives for every penny, he had his fingers burnt paying off allardyce (and then keegan actually) and won't want it again with this shitsack i'm sure

i also think he's pushing pardew to the edge in the hope he'll walk from the pressure

hull atmosphere is imperative

Honestly dont think he wants him to walk. More that he doesnt want to bow to fans pressure if anything. Ashley will sack him when he wants to, god only knows why he hasnt yet

If he sacks him he could be liable for some sort of legal action we don't know about (something behind the scenes/contractual). I can't see any other reason he'd be keeping the clown other than because it's a complete stand off.

Ashley could gain back a huge amount of popularity if he ditches Pardew plus it might save us from complete self-destruction. There must be something else to it...

The crowd are really going to ramp this up and up until he's gone. Watching our supporters in that video, it was pretty impressive to see them all keep it going throughout the game. The longer he leaves him in, the greater the chance we're relegated, as we all know..

I won't give a flying fuck about us until he's sacked, it's hopeless.

Guest Roger Kint

If he sacks him he could be liable for some sort of legal action we don't know about (something behind the scenes/contractual). I can't see any other reason he'd be keeping the clown other than because it's a complete stand off.

Ashley could gain back a huge amount of popularity if he ditches Pardew plus it might save us from complete self-destruction. There must be something else to it...

How would he face legal action? The bloke woefully inept and deserves it. Agree that Ashley could solve a lot of personal problems by sacking him mind, 3/4 of the match going fans would instantly forget his other failings

Ashley would get sod all back in terms of popularity and he doesn't want it anyway.  He will sack Pardew in his own time on his terms, that's how he works

The atmosphere on Saturday has to completely obliterate Pardew. We have to force these owners at the very least, to respect the fans opinion that the manager is not good enough. Pardew should end up hiding in the locker room toilet cubicle during the game, never mind the dug out.

How would he face legal action? The bloke woefully inept and deserves it. Agree that Ashley could solve a lot of personal problems by sacking him mind, 3/4 of the match going fans would instantly forget his other failings

Yeah, I'm just trying to think of reasons he wouldn't be sacked. It makes literally no sense.

If MA was smart he will have negotiated something with Pardew at that point.  A cheap severance clause or something

I spoke to Beresford and Lee a few months back and they were convinced - from what they'd been told - that everything was put in place so Pardew wouldn't be expensive to sack. Not that that's definitive proof, or anything, but Beresford is still pretty well connected within the club.

All comes back to the headbutt mind, why not then? That was the time.

Yep, gross misconduct, would have voided any clause I'd have thought. I was surprised about that to be honest and maybe negates what I've been saying :lol:

when was the last time a manager was fired for gross misconduct?  or indeed anyone in the top level of football?