Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Phil Thompson on soccer Saturday, Ashley will have to pay out for whole 8 year contract so Pards wont b going nowhere, contracts are watertight

Don't buy that for one second. Ashley would have to be moronic to let that get written into a contract, and after everything else he's had to already pay out (Allardyce, Keegan) he's not getting bit twice.

worth pointing out Ashley is never the one to write the contracts agree terms etc, that would have been Llambias who did rather like Pardew.

I'm sure ashley would be interested in the contract of the manager of the team.

I highly doubt he's involved in any detailed manner at the club. He may have agreed to the idea of a new contract but it doesn't mean he was the one negotiating and deciding on those kind of clauses. 

Phil Thompson on soccer Saturday, Ashley will have to pay out for whole 8 year contract so Pards wont b going nowhere, contracts are watertight

Don't buy that for one second. Ashley would have to be moronic to let that get written into a contract, and after everything else he's had to already pay out (Allardyce, Keegan) he's not getting bit twice.

worth pointing out Ashley is never the one to write the contracts agree terms etc, that would have been Llambias who did rather like Pardew.

I'm sure ashley would be interested in the contract of the manager of the team.

I highly doubt he's involved in any detailed manner at the club. He may have agreed to the idea of a new contract but it doesn't mean he was the one negotiating and deciding on those kind of clauses. 

Of course he wouldn't be negotiating clauses, but I bet he's presented with an overview and signs off on it. He employs people to do work for him in the areas he doesn't want to be bothered with, but they will have a remit, a set of guidelines or instructions. They won't want to fuck up anymore than you do in your job.

There is no way on earth Pardew gets a fully paid up contract.

Regardless of whether the contract has to be paid in full, it's worth for the amount of money he would lose otherwise.  Relegation would cost millions and every place in the Premier League is worth £750k so just moving a few places up the table would pay for it alone. 

I don't know why more Premier League clubs just don't do one year rolling contracts.  It is ridiculous that very rich men are paid a fortune in compensation for having failed at their jobs.

Will be interesting to see pardew reaction tomorrow. He'll show himself to be a bugger coward than ever by laughing at 'Mikes'  'joke'.

I'm going to Stoke, I hope we get f***ing hammered.

Fancy a pint before the game?

Yeah, certainly could do mate. I'll pm you for your number.

Big in the 90s - ✓

Cockney spiv - ✓

'orrible t*** - ✓

I'd rather have him than Pardew, every day of the week.

He's in a different league to Pardew, I always thought he was quite a shrewd manager in his time. That's just it though, this isn't his time any more, despite Mike's liking for Del boy types from the 1990's.