Crystal Palace manager

Mick

My God, I can't believe how much I still hate this cunt. We might need another thread after this one reaches 1000 posts so some of us can keep venting.

I think the opposite - when it's finally announced, delete this thread and add his name to the swear filter.  Let's never speak of this again.

I love how people keep coming out with the "but they finished 5th 18 months ago." Bollocks. Michael Gray came out with it this morning. Was it 18 months ago really? Was it? Its like the last two and a half years have never happened to them.

I love how people keep coming out with the "but they finished 5th 18 months ago." Bollocks. Michael Gray came out with it this morning. Was it 18 months ago really? Was it? Its like the last two and a half years have never happened to them.

At the end of the day though Pardew is the one whos walked,he wasn't pushed out,he wasn't sacked,the reports are hes doubling his money.

I just whacked this up, debunking some Pardew myths for Palace fans.

http://gegenpress.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/wake-up-palace-fans-time-for-some.html

Why?  Let them think he is the dog danglies until they've signed him.  Last thing we want is someone from the club reading this thinking that signing him is a mistake. 

So for anybody from Palace, this is my official line;

Pardew is brilliant, and its such a shame that a big team like Palace are stealing him from us.  Oh how we we cope?

I just whacked this up, debunking some Pardew myths for Palace fans.

http://gegenpress.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/wake-up-palace-fans-time-for-some.html

Nice work. Gonna hoy it up on Footymad if ya don't mind.

To be honest, I'm finding it hard to type without rushing and making mistakes like a little kid learning to ride a bike for the first time...wobblling excitedly all over the place with a big, stupid grin on me face.

If I type quicker, maybe time will pass more quickly as if the day is on fast forward so I can get to that glorious moment when it's officially confirmed. Never mind Friday, this could be New year's day.

My hope has returned.  :aww:

Pundits still saying Pardew was driven out with the abuse he was getting. What a load of s****.

I hope it was.

Yeah just seen it on SSN, boils my piss.  No mention of his awful losing streaks, Curbishley claiming Pardew was only ever one loss away froma  crisis, he went on massive losing streaks. FML.

Pundits still saying Pardew was driven out with the abuse he was getting. What a load of shite.

It definitely played a significant part.  It can't have been a nice experience for him.

This is a myth tbh. The fans were divided and the vast majority at the ground seemed to back him. He also got massive support from the boardroom to an unprecedented level. He left because he is basically a coward and realised he was going to get rumbled in the second half of the season.

Pundits still saying Pardew was driven out with the abuse he was getting. What a load of s****.

It definitely played a significant part.  It can't have been a nice experience for him.

This is a myth tbh. The fans were divided and the vast majority at the ground seemed to back him. He also got massive support from the boardroom to an unprecedented level. He left because he is basically a coward and realised he was going to get rumbled in the second half of the season.

Those fickle geordies driving out poor old Alan. Its all about cockney pals looking out for each other. Arseholes.

Interesting article about Pardew being up his own arse in the Chronicle. Story of him sitting in a VIP room by himself at a house party. Believable.

:lol: Aye. Full article here:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-man-who-always-8361027?

I was the only journalist to talk to the SackPardew campaign, but I never supported it. The supporters have every right to protest, but I didn’t see what they would achieve.

Well it's plain as fucking day now isn't it :lol:

Eh? Pretty sure they were on Talksport, Five Live and the BBC website at least.

I heard them on the breakfast show on 5Live day of the Hull game while I was out in the car.

Got off lightley in my opinion.

Curbishley claiming Pardew was only ever one loss away froma  crisis...

Well he was.

But mainly because that loss was either after a series of 5 other losses, part of his overall terrible record, a 4-nil spanking, or to Sunderland.

If the abuse he got did drive him out then good, the fucking cunt made plenty of our loyal fans give up their season tickets and stop going to matches. Ste doesn't even watch our matches nearly as much as he used too, mostly down to Pardew.

The fan pressure was there for one reason, to drive him out, ok our aim was for him to get sacked, but the case is that it's worked.

The only problem I have with it is the fact that many people out there are pulling out bullshit reasons why we wanted him out, like we never won anything or arn't in the Champions League places. Wrong, we wanted him because his results were mostly poor, we never got beat we either got hammered or not very often only just won. We had no plan B, we never went out to win games, even against lower league teams. The excuses, the fact that we went out of our way to lose cup matches, the players being played in the wrong positions, the out of form players given first teams starts where as our attacking players got blamed for our losses. Let's not forget that it was only a matter of months when the whole football world said we should sack him for his behaviour, you know where he head butted an opposition player.

That was the worst for me, the fact that we never approached a game to win it. I don't mind that we don't play the best football, but being so shit scared of the other team is what did it for me.

People talk about how a manager doesn't make that much difference but it's a pile of shit. Even if we forget tactics and team selections, the mental aspect of the game is so important. I've noticed it even just playing a daft game of 5 a side, when your not confident and you don't feel like your good enough then your performance massively reflects that. Pardew instilled a losers mentality by being so scared himself. Our players never seemed confident in their own ability, with so many players shit scared to take a risk or get forward even when it was the right choice.

We got some decent results playing with our backs to the wall or parking the bus because that's all the players thought they were good enough for. Our 5th place finish was basically based on this. We never played expansive or even attacking football because the players had no confidence, and to play that way, you need to have the confidence to take risks.

Anyway, just so glad to be rid of him. Be nice to cheer the team on properly again, and will also be great having this forum back onside. Hasn't been the same.