Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest YonderStar

Warnock won 3 games from 20, Pardew has won 9 from 12 which does make the Pardew haters look a bit daft.

However, no doubt "second season syndrome" will strike him again like it has at every other club he's managed, he will be secretly loving being above us though, the cockney cant  :shifty:

Guest firetotheworks

Hope he dies in a fire and that it isn't somehow quick and painless.

Now come on Bimpy, there's no need for that.

He's shown a number of times in his career that he does have some ability. This is just the latest example.

He's not in the elite class, but the policy of hounding the guy out of his job at any cost was always daft.

He's shown a number of times in his career that he does have some ability. This is just the latest example.

He's not in the elite class, but the policy of hounding the guy out of his job at any cost was always daft.

It shows that he's good at taking over and charming people initially but his poor coaching and man management skills suck the life out of the club once the players get used to him.

Warnock won 3 games from 20, Pardew has won 9 from 12 which does make the Pardew haters look a bit daft.

However, no doubt "second season syndrome" will strike him again like it has at every other club he's managed, he will be secretly loving being above us though, the cockney cant  :shifty:

How does it make anyone look daft though? 9 in 12 for Palace doesn't re-write his final 2 1/2 years here, where he managed to cement himself as possibly the worst manager we've had in the Premiership-era.

He's currently doing well, he went through similar periods for us, and if anyone wants to point-score whenever this happens then that's their prerogative ('cyber tears for another win'), but it doesn't change the fact that on the whole he was absolutely shite at Newcastle and showed no signs of ever changing.

So because he has some ability to pick up a string of wins every now and then, counterbalanced by his other ability of picking up massive, soul-crushing, record-breaking losses, he shouldn't have been hounded out?

I don't get it at all like, the man nearly relegated us due to his failings as a manger but 9 wins in 12 at a new club and suddenly that's all irrelevant.

Could you highlight those other points? What trophies has he won?

A couple of promotions, a Cup Final which he nearly won, 5th place in the Premiership. Nothing stellar, and he's had his bad times, but he's clearly not useless.

He took far too much blame for the problems at our club, and the campaign to drive him out did no-one any good. Apart from Palace, I suppose.

His record at Palace is very similar to Glenn Roeder's having taken over from Souness. Should we give him his job back?

Pardew won 5 from 27 between December and October btw. The only people who look daft are the ones retrospectively re-writing history and coming to the conclusion that Pardew was going to suddenly surge up the table with Newcastle. The footballing press have an incredible short term memory - a few months ago, it was the West Ham fans who should eat humble pie because of their previous opposition to Fat Sam. Fast forward three months and they're sinking like a stone. Streaks of form are not sustainable in the Premier League. Anyone who has been watching football for more than five minutes should know this.

The press also seem to think that we've all got egg on our faces because our results are crap. From my personal perspective, I haven't given the slightest toss about our results for long before Pardew fucked off so it's no skin off my nose. I wanted Pardew gone because he was complicit in propping up Ashley's regime as much as anything, I wrote in the Mag that if he hired another goon to replace him, then we demand that person's head, and on and on until there's either a huge change in policy or Ashley gets sick of the hassle and fucks off.

We're a small step closer to either of those happening and that is fucking great. You can sit and pine for another 0-3 smashing off that lot next season if you like but I'm ecstatic to see the back of the snake and that won't ever change.

Absolute tripe. Pardew didn't have a clue on how to coach our players.

You can't use Mike Ashley as an excuse for bad coaching. Was Mike Ashley behind team selections and set pieces?

His record at Palace is very similar to Glenn Roeder's having taken over from Souness. Should we give him his job back?

Pardew won 5 from 27 between December and October btw. The only people who look daft are the ones retrospectively re-writing history and coming to the conclusion that Pardew was going to suddenly surge up the table with Newcastle. The footballing press have an incredible short term memory - a few months ago, it was the West Ham fans who should eat humble pie because of their previous opposition to Fat Sam. Fast forward three months and they're sinking like a stone. Streaks of form are not sustainable in the Premier League. Anyone who has been watching football for more than five minutes should know this.

The press also seem to think that we've all got egg on our faces because our results are crap. From my personal perspective, I haven't given the slightest toss about our results for long before Pardew fucked off so it's no skin off my nose. I wanted Pardew gone because he was complicit in propping up Ashley's regime as much as anything, I wrote in the Mag that if he hired another goon to replace him, then we demand that person's head, and on and on until there's either a huge change in policy or Ashley gets sick of the hassle and fucks off.

We're a small step closer to either of those happening and that is fucking great. You can sit and pine for another 0-3 smashing off that lot next season if you  but I'm ecstatic to see the back of the snake and that won't ever change.

:thup: Baffles me how people cannot grasp this.

Absolutely. Complicit, sums if up perfectly. It's also the reason for John Carvers horrific reputation. Although, I suspect Carver is simply too stupid to realise what he is doing.

Mike Ashley may be the head of the snake but we can work from the tail upwards if needs be.

Guest Bert Shaft

He took far too much blame for the problems at our club, and the campaign to drive him out did no-one any good. Apart from Palace, I suppose.

Brought it all on himself. Crowd too noisy, crowd too quiet, cant compete with..., thank god were not in Europe, numerous 3+ goal twattings,telling  lies and patronising the fans, brown nosing to "Mike" at every given opportunity, excuses excuses excuses.

F*ck him.

Guest YonderStar

How does it make anyone look daft though? 9 in 12 for Palace doesn't re-write his final 2 1/2 years here, where he managed to cement himself as possibly the worst manager we've had in the Premiership-era.

He's currently doing well, he went through similar periods for us, and if anyone wants to point-score whenever this happens then that's their prerogative ('cyber tears for another win'), but it doesn't change the fact that on the whole he was absolutely s**** at Newcastle and showed no signs of ever changing.

The Pardew haters look a bit silly because they wanted him out so badly and to be replaced by WHO exactly? Unless Ashley suddenly decides to show ambition in the summer (of which there is more chance of me being the next pope) and employs a top manager we will end up with someone just as bad as Pardew or even worse (Carver). I cannot see any decent manager wanting to work under the clubs restrictions of not competing for cups or finishing top six, what's the fucking point?

Pardew has been chased away from here by the fans, called a useless cunt , a muppet, tactically inept, you name it he's been called it, yet has gone to another club and done brilliantly to drag them out of the relegation shit and past the magic 40pts mark in 12 games, as I said before second season syndrome will return to boot him in the face again, but for the time being he is proving a lot of you wrong, and leaving a lot of fans with eggy faces.

He's currently doing well, he went through similar periods for us, and if anyone wants to point-score whenever this happens then that's their prerogative ('cyber tears for another win'), but it doesn't change the fact that on the whole he was absolutely s**** at Newcastle and showed no signs of ever changing.

The Pardew haters look a bit silly because they wanted him out so badly and to be replaced by WHO exactly? Unless Ashley suddenly decides to show ambition in the summer (of which there is more chance of me being the next pope) and employs a top manager we will end up with someone just as bad as Pardew or even worse (Carver). I cannot see any decent manager wanting to work under the clubs restrictions of not competing for cups or finishing top six, what's the fucking point?

Pardew has been chased away from here by the fans, called a useless cunt , a muppet, tactically inept, you name it he's been called it, yet has gone to another club and done brilliantly to drag them out of the relegation shit and past the magic 40pts mark in 12 games, as I said before second season syndrome will return to boot him in the face again, but for the time being he is proving a lot of you wrong, and leaving a lot of fans with eggy faces.

This just shows a lack of understanding as to the full reasons why he needed to go (see Wullie's post).

As for being 'proven wrong' in the moment and being left with egg on everyone's face, this is exactly what I'm on about with point-scoring, that's all it is, it happened multiple times during his reign at St James' Park and it'll continue to happen whenever he hits form at Palace, or wherever he ends up.

You're dead right, wish he'd come back to we could get thumped to nil every other week. Think the Man Utd 0-4 was my favourite, or was it the Spurs, no maybe the Liverpool 0-6. Actually I just can't choose - too much great choice. Bring back those days. Was never his fault either - that was the poor thing about Alan, he was really unlucky. So much misfortune to one man is just cruel really.