Toby Alderweireld

Yaron

Fair enough I only seen him play fullback when I saw them play when Juanfran or Felipe Luis were injured.

?

That new Liverpool player was Juanfrans cover. Manquillo or whatever his name. As for leftback, you might be right.

and apparently he has never played left back for Atletico according to them. Not sure if he has though and transfermarkt is wrong, or if Mole is imagining stuff. Like I said, rarely saw him as a fullback for Atletico if I ever saw him.

Well they are wrong then, I know for a damn fact he came on for Felipe Luis in CL final when he got injured.

Was absolutely awful as well. :lol:

Aye, CL final he played there, but apart from that he almost never played fullback for them. Anyways, I saw them play plenty last season and he was at CB whenever I watched them and was truly average at best. Still, wouldn't mind him here. :thup:

Nah he's not a fist pumping wanker that plays to the crowd so there's a chance I'll like him.  :p

As long as he's got loads of tattoos, a shit haircut and an accent you'll be wet for him  :-*

So if he comes in and does better than MYM, do people's heads twist 360 then explode? Not sure how the forum would cope in all honesty.  :undecided:

I've no idea how it'll go but he'll be hard pushed to be as weak (all round) as the 4 we've currently got. The bar is very low, any decent defender will make a massive difference. Btw I don't think strength is a big a factor as it used to be, not many strikers these days are target men and even less know how to use it correctly. A smart defender will draw fouls and use intelligence to be positioned correctly and not caught flat footed in close quarters, there's no big strikers clever enough to make a difference in this area. I do hope he's good in the air though, that doesn't always have to be about strength. If he's as weak in the air as colo and MYM then this is a pointless move.

It'll be either Colo + Willo  or Colo + Toby. Can't see Pardew dropping his captain.

Unless he wants to play 3 at the back.

Toby Willo Colo

Janmaat                      Haidara

Well they are wrong then, I know for a damn fact he came on for Felipe Luis in CL final when he got injured.

Was absolutely awful as well. :lol:

Aye, CL final he played there, but apart from that he almost never played fullback for them. Anyways, I saw them play plenty last season and he was at CB whenever I watched them and was truly average at best. Still, wouldn't mind him here. :thup:

Nah he definitely did play a handful of games at fullback like and he stuck out like a sore thumb every time. Don't particularly rate him as a CB either tbh, he's always got a mistake in him.

Of the 15 games he started last season in the league and CL he played all of them as a CB. He started one at RB against Levante when Juanfran was suspended. He played 7minutes off the bench as a fullback. Not sure how that is a handful.

I like him and all but he's not the huge physical presence we need (as usual).

He might still be good in the air though, and that's what we need. I have never seen him but at 6'1 he should be okay in that department.