Southampton vs Newcastle United - 13/09/14 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Guest n4e
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bloody hell the mood has swung down.

I remember even in the tail-end of the Souness campaign the general consensus was that we wanted Souness out but come matchday we would always hope for a win.

Now it seems almost like it's treason to hope for a victory.

Pardewwwww what have you done?

Palace got at our defence at will last game. Need to go back to 433 or risk getting humped. Southampton will come out the blocks fast. We need quick players to counter and Sissoko, colback getting forward to support with Janmaat and Haidara getting forward to give us width.

Krul

Wilo          Colo 

Jaanmat                              Haidara

Tiote

Sissoko            Colback

Cabella                              Aarons

Perez?

Elliott

Taylor

Dummett

Anita

Gouffran

Rivierie

Chucky /Armstrong                   

Bloody hell the mood has swung down.

I remember even in the tail-end of the Souness campaign the general consensus was that we wanted Souness out but come matchday we would always hope for a win.

Now it seems almost like it's treason to hope for a victory.

Pardewwwww what have you done?

Feeling this too. It's a hugely uncomfortable bit of cognitive dissonance on matchday, when we score I cheer and am elated and then a split second later I am thinking of all the sour shit I've read on here and thinking "should I be sad about this?"

The end result is just being confused and generally dissatisfied. I just can't quite get behind rooting for us to lose, it seems SO wrong, but on an intellectual level I understand the logic behind it.

Ahh fuck it I'm just going to cheer for the team and to hell with it.

Agreed, I've got zero interest in getting relegated even if that's what it takes to out Pardew. Maybe its different when you live locally and can go watch the lads smash Blackpool 5-0 in person, but over here getting relegated equates to a year of complete Newcastle blackout, no tv, no streams, hell we weren't even in f***ing Pro Evo that year. Nothing. f*** that s***.

I actually think we will nick this one :(

I'm at a wedding, dreading the moment when the phone goes and it's a message from one of my mates saying "nice win mate" :-(

Exactly the same as this. Weddings not in Nottingham is it? :lol:

Haha no it's in London. How absurd that when I find out the result, if it's a loss there'll be a clenched fist.

Agreed, I've got zero interest in getting relegated even if that's what it takes to out Pardew. Maybe its different when you live locally and can go watch the lads smash Blackpool 5-0 in person, but over here getting relegated equates to a year of complete Newcastle blackout, no tv, no streams, hell we weren't even in f***ing Pro Evo that year. Nothing. f*** that s***.

It isn't.

I'm guess the Aarons injury along side the De Jong one will only give him an all to easy excuse if we go down to Southampton and get hammered. A Ben Arfa goal or two would really ramp up pressure regardless though.

Hard to say how the injuries excuse will go. It will either buy him more time, which would just be a nightmare, or it will be held against him for letting Ben Arfa go for no reason.

I'm a bit nervous now. A part of me wishes that we had everyone fit, and just got hammered anyway. That would have likely been a better scenario.

I can hear him using injuries as an excuse already. It's going to be bloody infuriating.