Newcastle United v Queens Park Rangers - 22/11/2014 15:00 (no TV)

LRD
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dummett has been steady, not fantastic and not shite. Steady these days is good enough against the likes of QPR.

Steady is exactly what you want from a centre half though? If you're referring to him at left back then fair enough.

If, since Enrique left, we'd had a LB who defends consistently well, attacks the ball well from set pieces but isn't great on the ball we'd have finished higher than 5th, 16th and 10th.

My point was more along the lines of, you could say someone like Godin or Chiellini is steady rather than fantastic. Clearly those are ridiculous comparisons but when is a centre half ever 'fantastic'?

For arguments sake I think you need much better fullbacks than Dummett to finish in the higher placings of the PL. At centre half he has a chance.

I knew your point, it's worth pointing out that as much as I like Santon I think we've lost more points than gained from that LB position in recent years. A lot to be said for a LB who doesn't give goals away and can score the odd goal.

Ok we have a better idea of the team now .. Id go with this:

Krul

Janmaat        Saylor              Dummett    Haidara

Sissoko            Colback

Cabella                                                      Ameobi

Perez         

Cisse

Think you've nailed it.

Take out Cisse and insert tiote (if fit), moving sissoko forward and I think you will have it...

Tiote is gone in january, I dont think he is crocked, i think he is being kept away from playing so he doesn't get injured.

£10m into the bank account and a ready made replacement for free in Abeidi. Mike will be giggling like a little girl at the prospect.

Tiote is gone in january, I dont think he is crocked, i think he is being kept away from playing so he doesn't get injured.

£10m into the bank account and a ready made replacement for free in Abeidi. Mike will be giggling like a little girl at the prospect.

I also think Cisse will be leaving, a striker is a must in january.

I also think Cisse will be leaving, a striker is a must in january.

Not unless we are already safe. Maybe we'll hit the 40 point mark before Jan 31 and put our feet up like last season.

Not necessarily disagreeing but it's ridiculous to do that for half a season.

I know what you mean but I wouldn't put it past ashley and co.  Especially we are now picking up points and have a ready made replacement in Abeid.

Barton's such an arsehole like, goes on like he was a brilliant player for us and was either in jail, out of form or injured for 3 quarters of his time at the club.

:thup: he played well from the Plymouth away title clinching game until he left just over a season later, before that he'd had about 3 or 4 matches you could describe as "good" in nearly three seasons and bugger all else.