West Ham United Vs Newcastle United (Sat 29th Nov - 3pm)

buzza

Away friendly pubs? Never done West Ham. Done Spurs and Arsenal but first time to East London.

Just a heads up for you and others travelling to this game... Be on your guard as it's going to get naughty by all accounts with a few of the old guard hooligans preparing to sort out their differences after the attack on our fans in the pre-season tournament in Germany... Can't say too much but heard it on good authority things are in motion... Would avoid wearing your colours for this game... Stay safe :thup:

This 100%.

Wouldn't bet any money on this. Difficult to say how it'll end.

One thing that's not difficult to predict is that it will be a cagey defensive game with neither side opening up much. We'll put 8 men back and look for a goal on the break, West Ham will put 8 men back and look to get a goal from a set piece. Pardew and Allardyce two of the most defensive managers in the game duking it out to see who can serve up the ugliest football.

Away friendly pubs? Never done West Ham. Done Spurs and Arsenal but first time to East London.

Just a heads up for you and others travelling to this game... Be on your guard as it's going to get naughty by all accounts with a few of the old guard hooligans preparing to sort out their differences after the attack on our fans in the pre-season tournament in Germany... Can't say too much but heard it on good authority things are in motion... Would avoid wearing your colours for this game... Stay safe :thup:

Would explain the dry trains being enforced aswell.

Been down there a few times and there's never been any bother, but given the above it's defo worth being on your toes... Normally drink in The Queens which is on Green Street. Turn right out of Upton Park tube, 2mins walk on your right hand side, and it's normally got plenty of away fans in.

Guest neesy111

A bunch of fat middle aged dickheads with kids trying to relive their youth and deck other blokes with kids. What an embarrassment.

:thup:

I'd prefer to drink further down the Hammersmith and City line, then jump on the tube half an hour or so before kick off. There's a decent boozer at Aldgate East (Indo), a few in Mile End (The Coborn Arms, and, further off the beaten track, The Palm Tree), and one in Bow (The Bow Bells; never liked The Little Driver). Never been in any on a match day, though. Think we'll win this!

The three times I've been to West Ham I've always drank near the ground. This Saturday I will definitely not be drinking anywhere within a couple of mile.

Any official information of being kept in at FT for a bit? Can imagine lots of 14/15/16 year old West Ham fans to jump on the 'gonna be hell on' bandwagon after the match aswell whilst behind a line of police which will only keep us locked in until the majority are cleared off.

Hope no one is booked on the 18:00 train if we do end up kept in!

Last time I went was when we won 2-1 (Nolan, Carroll) I drove down parked for free at the Lakeside shopping centre got the C2C train from there (Chafford Hundred £4 return) to Barking. we walked down the Barking Road which leads to the ground. Heard a hell of a noise of chanting by the Barking town hall which put us on our guard. We needn't of worried as it was our lot who had completely taken over the 'Millers Well' Weatherspoons pub on the Barking road. It looks as though that may be a good one to aim for if anyone is on the way to the ground from that direction.