The London - the anti Newcastle/North East abuse starts.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest antz1uk

Knew who the author of this thread would be. :lol:

well i wasn't aware, however i have just read a few of some older posts and there does seem to be a recurring pattern  :)

Southerners are mostly c***s especially Londoners and I live in London. Bunch of up there own arse t***s who assume you are a retard because you are.from the North. They should write about that before slagging us off.

That's a fantastic comeback that. As a lifelong Newcastle fan who was born in the South and currently lives in London, it's nice to see rather than rise above it you come back with something equally moronic as Messrs Marsh and Collymore.

Guest TruToon94

Southerners are mostly c***s especially Londoners and I live in London. Bunch of up there own arse t***s who assume you are a retard because you are.from the North. They should write about that before slagging us off.

Absolute crap. Plenty of supporters down here, hell the pub I've gone to since I was a wee lad has four placards up signifying the team supported in the pub. Newcastle is one of them (compared to the likes of the London clubs and the usual Man Utd) because they know six of us support the team.

Useless trite you're saying, just as bad as them. Most Londoners (and fans in general) have at least a soft spot for NUFC fans because they know we're so passionate about the club and we have (well had) a reputation for attacking football. The media regardless of where they're from shit over this club all the time. London ain't got nothing to do with it, especially considering the fact that Collymore is a Brummie.

You must be living in the West End or something because to characterize a city with a population larger than many countries including Scotland, Botswana and others all as, "up their own arse twats" is utter crap.

Guest GeordieAce

Absolute crap. Plenty of supporters down here, hell the pub I've gone to since I was a wee lad has four placards up signifying the team supported in the pub. Newcastle is one of them (compared to the likes of the London clubs and the usual Man Utd) because they know six of us support the team.

Useless trite you're saying, just as bad as them. Most Londoners (and fans in general) have at least a soft spot for NUFC fans because they know we're so passionate about the club and we have (well had) a reputation for attacking football. The media regardless of where they're from shit over this club all the time. London ain't got nothing to do with it, especially considering the fact that Collymore is a Brummie.

You must be living in the West End or something because to characterize a city with a population larger than many countries including Scotland, Botswana and others all as, "up their own arse twats" is utter crap.

So your basically having a pop at him for generalising a particular demographic and then go and generalise a particular demographic? 

:facepalm:

No place is as good and friendly as the NE. I have lived in Southampton for about 6 weeks now and have been made as welcome as a fart in an astraunaut suit on more than one occasion whilst out and about.

Same as when I lived in Shropshire, and then from visiting other places. Yes the country has pricks including in the NE, but it's just not the same 'atmosphere' especially surrounding football/bars.

Guest firetotheworks

So much hypocrisy in here like.

Londoners are cunt, BUT DON'T GENERALISE GEORDIES!

I'm so sick of this embarrassing bullshit like. It works both ways and loads of people fail to notice that.

So much hypocrisy in here like.

Londoners are c***, BUT DON'T GENERALISE GEORDIES!

I'm so sick of this embarrassing bullshit like. It works both ways and loads of people fail to notice that.

The self-styled 'stars' you mentioned are just ignorant...they probably think people in the NE still all keep pigeons and whippets as well as wearing cloth caps. Those type of people still think that here in Australia, we all either go surfing or wear hats with bobbing corks attached to the brims, but we are quite happy for them to keep thinking that Oz is a backwater....that way, we keep them away..!!

Collymore is hardly in a position to criticize anybody, what with his highly-chequered career and personal life...a certain Swedish former weather girl would testify to that....

Problem is that most people outside of the Newcastle supporting community get all of their information on Newcastle from the media.

So the typical cabbie driving me home at 1am spouting nonsense about Pardew and NUFC has probably not read Sackpardew.com and has probably seen the "Cockney Mafia Out" banner multiple times.

No different to what northerners say to southerners, just get over it. It really doesn't matter.

Exactly. As a southerner, Londoner and immigrant rolled into one (yep, the most evil of all :lol:), it surprises me how much anti-southern/cockney rhetoric there is on here and elsewhere. The cockney thing makes me cringe, it's like every Londoner is a cockney on here. Cockney culture has been and gone, and London has a variety of different people, accents and backgrounds.

If I'm totally honest sometimes I feel a bit ostracised as a NUFC fan when I see phrases like 'cockney Mafia out' and 'southern boys' club' uttered with the same neglect and flippancy as those who chastise the North east.

Thanks for the generalisation, I'll have a long hard look in the mirror tonight.

No different to what northerners say to southerners, just get over it. It really doesn't matter.

Exactly. As a southerner, Londoner and immigrant rolled into one (yep, the most evil of all :lol:), it surprises me how much anti-southern/cockney rhetoric there is on here and elsewhere. The cockney thing makes me cringe, it's like every Londoner is a cockney on here. Cockney culture has been and gone, and London has a variety of different people, accents and backgrounds.

If I'm totally honest sometimes I feel a bit ostracised as a NUFC fan when I see phrases like 'cockney Mafia out' and 'southern boys' club' uttered with the same neglect and flippancy as those who chastise the North east.

Thanks for the generalisation, I'll have a long hard look in the mirror tonight.

Nail on the head tbh. There's certainly some anti-southern rhetoric that exists without a doubt.

Putting it lightly :lol:

At a base level you'll always have a large section of people from an area who will chastise anyone from another area for whatever reason, it's a bit weird like but everywhere is guilty of it.

Talking purely about the media though there's a pretty clear difference in the broad reporting of Newcastle than sone other clubs, Tottenham probably the best example. I never notice Everton getting too rough a ride and they're Scouse, maye be Evertonians on here would say differently though.