Newcastle 3-3 Burnley - 1/1/15 Post-match reaction from p.42

Mike

Credit to him for admitting we were shit 2nd half. Very refreshing not to here bullshit excuses any more. However admitting there was a problem and knowing how to fix it are two very different things. Which is why he's clearly out of his depth, on today's evidence.

@OptaJoe  10m10 minutes ago

13.5 - Burnley's George Boyd ran further vs Newcastle today (13.5km) than any player in any other PL game this season. Relentless.

Fucking hell.  Mad, that.

Third 90mins in a week n all. Some going.

Guest firetotheworks

13.5k in 90 minutes? Fucking hell, when I'm at the gym I usually do 7k in an hour and that's non-stop. Christ, I'm terrible. :lol:

This is a perfect example of how easy a likeable and competent manager would have it now. That is "refreshing honesty" because he didn't blame the January sales for us being crap. The new manager has an empty net after Alan Fritzl.

Appreciated his honesty, just a bit mind numbing that he decided to go Williamson for Saylor, leaving PD at LB and not getting Haidara or Santon in. The Riviere sub + long ball game was stupid when you are booting it up to Armstrong. Finally another Left Back and a probable 5-4-1 or whatever he decided to switch to was stupid as well. The match called for better ball retention and cleverness.

Guest alijmitchell

What I can say is this - I've was properly fuming after the result today - which I haven't been for a while, if you know what I mean (other than wishing pards would fuck off). Guess that is a good sign.

One thing I will say about Carver is that he seems to have taken more from Pardew's methods in terms of tactics and team Selection that he did from working with Sir Bobby which is indicative of his intelligence.

In his defence, when he has 2-3 days to prepare for a game it's always going to be difficult to just drop everything he'd been used to for 4 years. As Caretaker Manager it's nearly always a continuation of the man who's just left. Like when he hammered Blackburn 3-0 after Sir Bobby. That wasn't to say he was an attacking manager, simply following the ethos of what he'd worked on for 3-4 years.

Guest neesy111

How did Carver put up with 4 years of Pardew after having been with SBR?

He needs the money was out of the game for awhile.

Guest firetotheworks

How did Carver put up with 4 years of Pardew after having been with SBR?

By being spineless as fuck and having no real morals. I remember him being one of the few to really go to town on Ashley in a radio interview, then months later he's on the gravy train.