Newcastle 3-3 Burnley - 1/1/15 Post-match reaction from p.42

Mike

This month will tell us a lot about the direction of the club. Opportunity to sign a quality manager and some quality players. If we don't do both, the lack of ambition will be clear for all to see.

Have you not made your mind up yet? :lol:

I have. And I'm not expecting much but I can always hope. The lack of activity this month may be enough for me to give up all hope.

Yeah, but once you've seen the lack of ambition this month you can look forward to the summer when you'll really be able to gauge the level of ambition at the club.

I'm a bit scared I wasn't back to normal support wise but I guess it will take time for the pardew AIDS to wear off

Once a proper manager is in the dugout I think it'll be a lot better.

Yeah I just kinda see carver as another pardew think you're right

He's exactly the same. You wouldn't have know Pardew wasn't there today

I'm a bit scared I wasn't back to normal support wise but I guess it will take time for the pardew AIDS to wear off

Once a proper manager is in the dugout I think it'll be a lot better.

Yeah I just kinda see carver as another pardew think you're right

The only person who actually would be worse - scary scary thought and knowing ASHLEY IT MAY JUST HAPPEN

Positive first half, woeful second but f*** it, I was supporting my team and celebrating goals again for the first time in months and it  felt f***ing great. Feels good to be back.

:thup:

Yep. I proper punched the air when Sissoko scored. Great feeling. (quickly soured by shitness)

:thup:

Same but did want us to win though. Felt weird.

I know it was pretty s***, specifically second half, but I loved it. My heart was pounding towards the end, I actually felt emotion watching us again. I can't wait for the Leicester game now.

@OptaJoe  10m10 minutes ago

13.5 - Burnley's George Boyd ran further vs Newcastle today (13.5km) than any player in any other PL game this season. Relentless.

Fucking hell.  Mad, that.

13.5km in 90mins isn't too bad if you were just on a run!

The honesty from Carver was refreshing, pity he hadn't recognised what was going on during the match and done something about it.

Pretty genuinely sounded like he didn't have a clue why it was happening to me. As I said in the match thread, the players probably didn't know what to do from there and I bet his 'keep doing what you're doing' message sounded alien to them.

f***ing hell, some honesty at last. Might not be a good manager but I definitely appreciate that.

I remember this word. I think it was a good thing.

Word was removed from English language about 4 years ago.....rumoured to be making a comeback

The honesty from Carver was refreshing, pity he hadn't recognised what was going on during the match and done something about it.

Don't think he knew how to, if he saw it as it was happening and was bewildered what had happened and how to change it that is damning in itself.

Wow, don't hate Carver quite as much after hearing that. I don't think he's good enough to be a top flight manager, but holy fuck, Pardew didn't say anything like that in four years. So refreshing. If our next manager speaks sense like that it will be very welcome.