Leicester City v Newcastle United (FA Cup 3rd round) - 3/1/2015 @ 3pm (no TV)

Ashley17

#NUFC XI: Alnwick; Santon, Williamson, Dummett, Haidara; Anita, Tioté ©, Vučkić; Armstrong, Rivière, Cabella.

Shows how highly they rate Gouffran that they rested him. Looking forward to seeing Santon again

In all seriousness - shock horror, 3 of our best players are left out which suggest the "manager"'s quotes before the game were meaningless.  Cut from the same cloth.

What did he say?

Welp.  This is one club policy I cannot abide.

Despite the positive feelings a few stronger players making a rare start brings, our 11 is a proper mixed bag so it'll be down to luck as to how well they gel and the extent to which the system will suit them and vice versa.  And half of the bench will be in non-league football before too long, alongside the poor chap starting in goals.

How strong is the Leicester 11?  This could get ugly.

In all seriousness - shock horror, 3 of our best players are left out which suggest the "manager"'s quotes before the game were meaningless.  Cut from the same cloth.

What did he say?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,96325.msg5365709.html#msg5365709

It was obvious all along: "the best team... I possibly can."  Feel a little silly not raising the alarm straight away.

BBC site would suggest commentary will be available online. Also says every goal will be up to watch from 5.15 :thup:

I think they show the goal as they happen on Final Score as well.

In fairness, I can completely understand resting Ayoze, don't want to burn out a young lad playing his first season of top flight football. Sissoko, Colo and Janmaat are a bit of a disgrace though.

The first 11 isn't as s*** as I expected in hindsight. Could have been better like, could've been worse too though.

Considering we have absolutely fuck all to play for this season apart from winning 5 more games to secure safety. I would of liked to have seen the strongest team playing.

In fairness, I can completely understand resting Ayoze, don't want to burn out a young lad playing his first season of top flight football. Sissoko, Colo and Janmaat are a bit of a disgrace though.

Fuck, forgot about Janmaat. :lol: What a joke.

Is it really impossible to believe that playing 4 games in 9 days is just not possible. It's not really a secret that there's a peak in injuries at the Premier league during this period because of the amount of games played in couple of days and right in the middle of the season. Why do you think all other leagues have a winter break?

Add that to our injury list and maybe you have your answer why someone isnt played if he isnt 100% or even close to that.

The first 11 isn't as s*** as I expected in hindsight. Could have been better like, could've been worse too though.

Considering we have absolutely f*** all to play for this season apart from winning 5 more games to secure safety. I would of liked to have seen the strongest team playing.

Fair point. Would have liked to have seen Ayoze and Moussa in, in particular. Tiote and Armstrong / Riviere out.

Demonstrating to the Fat Cnbut that he's the man for the job... no other possible explanation, specially after his quotes the other day... I get it! He's a carbon copy of Pardle.... aaarrrggghh!