Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Guest antz1uk

i don't think you're far away there, I actually thought of this conspiracy theory when he was supposedly negotiating for the job (Carver) I think it's highly possible in order for him to take the 'interim' role, he had to negotiate a new contract, therefore possibly forfeiting his previous title which enabled him to a larger pay off (6yrs worth) he's maybe been given a slight bump in wages for the chance to manage his home town club but had to forgo any previous compo

I don't think we have any idea of how important Carr's role is at the club, or what he really does. He's a scout, most clubs have dozens or even hundreds of them all over the globe. We hardly have a decent player at the club, we know that's partly Ashley's fault for not paying the money, and the various pathetic managers/coaches for not developing them, but we've brought plenty of shit to the club, and how much of a role in that Carr has played who knows. Nobody's telling us.

My only real annoyance with Carr is that despite being a 'fan', he's complicit in finding players for the purpose of resale value who aren't particularly suitable for the team. I also think if he truly 'has Ashley's ear' a more concentrated effort to stress the need for a proper manager and squad of players would be justified.

This.

I'm guessing part of the interview process involved agreeing to be bound by confidentiality agreements etc.

Can't let myself believe it's anything more than that.

I think that would only apply if he was still in consideration for the job. I can't see why he would consider himself duty bound if he'd ruled himself out. Clutching at straws maybe but at this point it's all we've got.

Surely it's because Ashley would sue him if he broke the agreed confidentiality clause.

There is another possible explanation for the confidentiality terms and the apparent leakage of pro Carver sentiments to the local press.

Bearing in mind the club's well established Machiavellian tendencies, it could be that their sole purpose is to make Carver himself believe he's still in with a shout of the job! If the club intends, or has even already arranged, to make a sensible appointment in the summer they still need JC to keep us out of a relegation battle in the meantime.

In that case, the last thing they'd want is for him to suspect that his fate's already sealed. Remember, when asked if he'd be prepared to take charge just for the rest of the season, he said he'd have to think about it. Moreover, if he's out on his ear they wouldn't want the players knowing yet either. Not if they want to stay up.

Yeah, I know. Just sayin' ......  :)

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-28553-Steve-Jobs-mind-blown-gif-HD-T-pVbd.gif

I have certain reservations about Carr and how much influence he has.  If he has a lot, is he really doing a great job?

He has been a manager himself so he will understand the problems having an understrength team will cause.  We have been lightweight in defence and with strikers for years now but there does not seem to have been any real intent to improve those areas.

Is he suggesting loads of players but the club just focus on the midfielder because he is the biggest bargain and potentially will bring in the greatest profit?  Does he not realise that we need some leaders on that pitch.

His one real success so far has been Cabaye.  Other players have done a decent job for us but is their potential to be any more than a decent Premier League player and realise the profit they seem to hanker after.  (Perez is rumoured to have discovered by that scout in Spain and it is still early days for him).

For me, the jury is still out on Carr.

Yes, he HAS managed, but not at a very high level and that is not my main area of concern about him. That arises in his brief of finding young players with real potential that can do a good job at NUFC and then be sold on - this is NOT what we would expect at an ambitious club the size of NUFC but that is what Ashley has briefed him to do. If you look at the players he has recommended some have been a success(not that many)and some have not but we do not really know if the club has missed some really good players recommended by Carr, because they refused to pay the market rate for a top youngster. If that IS the case, then Carr is allowing Ashley's miserly attitude to affect his job because his recommendations have not been acted upon.

The other problem is that Pardew's lousy management may have been responsible for players not reaching their potential - Sissoko could be a far more effective player under a decent manager for example so that also has to be taken into account and MYM seems to be fitting in at Roma.

The likely situation is that Carr is getting well paid for a man of his age, has very little pressure on him because he knows Ashley will not act on many of his recommendations so just takes the money and enjoys the foreign trips, all on expenses of course. As long as he keeps putting names forward(even if he knows Ashley won't pay the likely fee) he is in an ideal situation for a retiree and is therefore not going to rock the boat.

My only real annoyance with Carr is that despite being a 'fan', he's complicit in finding players for the purpose of resale value who aren't particularly suitable for the team. I also think if he truly 'has Ashley's ear' a more concentrated effort to stress the need for a proper manager and squad of players would be justified.

This.

My belief is that he presents a list of players from the wonderful now to potential star and then at that point it's up to Charnely to get the deal done. Llambeezy before him. He sometimes wins when we sign a Cisse, then sometimes we don't when fail to grab Grenier or Lacazette. He's got Ashley's ear when Ashley wants to listen. There were times we got Cabaye done, or Sissoko or MYM. But those days are gone IMO, the manner in which the deal man (Lee or Derek) pissed off so many clubs they simply don't want to the deal.

FFS!! Yeah let's wait until the end of the season when by which time a lot of managers will probably already have agreed what they're doing next season.

And again waste months pretending to look for a "head coach" when we should be after players.

Excuses all ready and waiting to go for the summer!!!!!!!

Guest Roger Kint

Just like the Fans Forum was postponed on Monday until we actually win under this twat. They are desperate to have him win 3/4 games so they can appoint him

Guest Roger Kint

The way Carvers going he could be gone before May.

It would take the bottom three winning a fair few for them to consider that imo. As long as we are safe he will see out the season

Current status: Garde is currently working as a TV with French broadcasters

Exclusive footage of Garde at work.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/telletubbies/images/6/64/Tinky_winky_dancing.gif/revision/latest?cb=20131005161048

Based on fuck all.

The Garde situation is ludicrous, either:

They want him and intend to make a move "later"

Or

They didn't like what he said and don't intend to go back

Or

They never had any intentions of employing him

I suppose there's a chance the deal is all agreed and they've sworn him to secrecy but if it's anything other than that they're just asking for another team to come in and offer him a better option.

Fucking laughable as usual.