Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

I'm sure they've all addled their brains with drink or something. Merson was saying similar last week about our team being relegation fodder. Had clearly never watched us and a week later saying how good we were against Chelsea in the first half and we'd be safe by a million miles. Morons love a bit of far fetched hyperbole. They just can't help themselves. These are the guys promoting the "they'll only accept a Geordie" nonsense, while almost all the fans are voting for a European coach. Top class ignorance and prejudice from the lot of the fools.

Describing something as written off when people have spent hundreds of pounds on season ticket is disgusting as well.

By blokes who never  pay for tickets

The football media industry is built around these people. Ex-players/pundits haven't got a clue what it feels like to be an actual fan of a football club, which is why they find it so easy to mock the people who pay their wages. Fucking parasites.

Even if we fail at a late attempt for a tilt at Europe, isn't it better to get the right man in now and breed a winning mentality going into a new season rather than starting at square one next season? If Garde gets it now he can get a feel for the squad and what works and put in his suggestions for recruitment and who he'd like to see offloaded (:lol: I know) but it's better than starting a new season in the dark.

Even if we fail at a late attempt for a tilt at Europe, isn't it better to get the right man in now and breed a winning mentality going into a new season rather than starting at square one next season? If Garde gets it now he can get a feel for the squad and what works and put in his suggestions for recruitment and who he'd like to see offloaded (:lol: I know) but it's better than starting a new season in the dark.

it makes most logical sense.

I couldn't believe Edwards saying we had no chance of qualifying for Europe this season when it's only the 13t January.

You only need to win half a dozen games on the spin ( which we proved we can do in Oct/Nov) and you move up the table pretty quickly.

Get a decent manager in now, sign a centre half and a forward before the window shuts and anything is possible instead of just writing the season off.

Great post and totally right. If we spent £18 million on a couple of players in window, we'd have a chance for a strong finish (under new manager). Then sell Sissoko in the summer and re-invest all the money could be option. We have some good players, bit more squad depth will help greatly for the remaining games. I just want the new manager to play their strongest side possible in the cups next season - need to attack them. I fear a "caretaker" manager until end of season would be bad idea. Get the Manager sealed a week out before Hull. Pardew didn't get the most of our attacking options. We'll see how it gans...