Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

The season is effectively over - we said as much ourselves after Leicester. But that shouldn't come from the club or its fans and with a new manager on the horizon - it's a good chance to rebuild fro the season ahead.

Talk of Europe is naive however.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00710/sport-graphics-2007_710953a.jpg

Guest Roger Kint

@Jon_LeGossip Anything on the Remi Garde to Newcastle story mate?

@Deepak_Toon Nothing new since the other day. Sounds like NUFC growing impatient with players wanting new coach.

@Jon_LeGossip Hmm. So, how do you think that will that affect matters? Do you think it'll be sped up?

@Deepak_Toon I think we will know more in the next day or two.

Why have you posted this? :lol: Fucking hell man

I'm avoiding all sports media until we appoint a new manager like, can't bear the phone-ins at times like this.

I avoid them all full stop :lol: only time I ever hear anything is watching the matches themselves.

It's a lot less stressful and quite frankly I don't know why I would need to know what Paul Merson's opinion on my football club is.

I personally couldn't care less what he thinks or anyone else really.

Guest firetotheworks

The season is effectively over - we said as much ourselves after Leicester. But that shouldn't come from the club or its fans and with a new manager on the horizon - it's a good chance to rebuild fro the season ahead.

Talk of Europe is naive however.

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/chandler-shut-up-friends-matthew-perry.gif

@Deepak_Toon Nothing new since the other day. Sounds like NUFC growing impatient with players wanting new coach.

@Jon_LeGossip Hmm. So, how do you think that will that affect matters? Do you think it'll be sped up?

Because half the people on here over the last couple of days have been ready to jump off the Tyne bridge because some bullshit article saying Carver might get the job and that Garde looks like it may not happen. This in comparison looks more promising, hopefully get a few people looking more positive. Carver isn't happening guys, if it was it would have by now.

Guest Roger Kint

Because half the people on here over the last couple of days have been ready to jump off the Tyne bridge because some bullshit article saying Carver might get the job and that Garde looks like it may not happen. This in comparison looks more promising, hopefully get a few people looking more positive. Carver isn't happening guys, if it was it would have by now.

And you think the tweets of some bloke in India with this bio is in some way respected opinion over anyone else? You really are on a different planet ffs :rolleyes:

Football fanatic and completely NUFC obsessed guy. Adopted Geordie, Tech Enthusiast and Doctor by profession. Jibber Jabber account

Roger is wrong :(

And you think the tweets of some bloke in India with this bio is in some way respected opinion over anyone else? You really are on a different planet ffs :rolleyes:

Football fanatic and completely NUFC obsessed guy. Adopted Geordie, Tech Enthusiast and Doctor by profession. Jibber Jabber account

I read it as the Frenchy fella was responding to this Indian fellas tweets?

Guest Roger Kint

Bollocks you will be right :lol:

I am shit at twitter to be fair :lol:

Bollocks you will be right :lol:

I am shit at twitter to be fair :lol:

You can never be too sure where Stifler is concerned man, you did the right thing to question it.

I never said this guy is right or wrong, just that he's no more right or wrong than the Chronicle/Journal.

Since he seems to be a French reporter I'll take his potential knowledge more seriously than those on the Bigg market who write about us.

Just trying to bring some positivity guys.

I just wonder what the hells really going on. The only reason I can see for carver getting the job is there's a total lack of interest in the position. Garde must surely want it, we'd have heard comments from him to the contrary otherwise. I just hope the delay is due to issues with his coaching staff and not the general cuntishness of our board refusing to either pay him what he's worth or refusing him permission to bring in his own staff. Only time will tell.

Got a feeling we'll know either way before the Southampton game.

it's got ashley's stink all over it this mind; gets 3.5m for pardew and garde is free, wants to come and on low-ish wages but wants his lads from lyon who could surely be got for reasonable compo

ashley will want them for nowt and won't budge, 3.5m goes in his back pocket

Well if dream are anything to go by he's our next manager.

News came through that Random Name was our next manager and we were all distraught, put on suicide watch etc. I went to bed (in the fucking dream) and fell asleep miserable as fuck. Next morning I wake up (in the dream) and everyone is happy as fuck, what happened. Garde has been appointed. Proceed to pub to celebrate.

Just got to sit tight, it is frustrating but it's also a big-money and potentially complicated deal that needs to be tied up with the new manager. And agreements to get rid of any existing coaches etc, agreements on who the new bloke can bring in. All that stuff, and you know we won't just stump up whatever they ask for.

Well if dream are anything to go by he's our next manager.

News came through that Random Name was our next manager and we were all distraught, put on suicide watch etc. I went to bed (in the fucking dream) and fell asleep miserable as fuck. Next morning I wake up (in the dream) and everyone is happy as fuck, what happened. Garde has been appointed. Proceed to pub to celebrate.

this is what i'm banking on, 9 hours ahead of you there so i'm just hoping to wake up and find out he's been appointed

was thinking like, if he's not in the stands at southampton it suggests they're nowhere near to me

The most likely explanation IMO is that Garde would like to come, but wants to wait until the end of the season, when he can bring in the backroom staff that he wants. They're not likely to want to leave Lyon in the middle of the season, and Lyon are unlikely to want to let them go at this point. I'm not sure if it would be wise to pressure Garde to join up now, into a situation which he is saying is not satisfactory to him.

The club could ask Carver to stay on till the end of the season, but that would be awkward as Carver has made it clear he wants the permanent job. They could tell him that if he does well, the job will be his, but then that could potentially rule out Garde and other possible candidates in June.

As for the other candidates that they are supposed to be interviewing, I suspect that the best that could be hoped for is that they're prepared to consider the job at the end of the season.

Hence the limbo. I suspect the least worst option is to have Carver on a trial basis till the end of the season, and then review the situation then.

I think that's probably true. But really, what does he have to lose by coming now? I don't imagine there will be any pressure on him and nobody should be casting too much judgement based on what happens in the next four months. Then he can still bring in his own people at the end of year.

I have to say though, would the Lyon coaches even want to leave? I don't know what the financial situation there is like but somehow I doubt we'd be offering them much better than whatever they're on now. Not only that but they are at a successful club who are in with a real chance of winning the title this year and will almost certainly be in the Champions league next year. I know all that is less important to a coach than to a player but still.

The most likely explanation IMO is that Garde would like to come, but wants to wait until the end of the season, when he can bring in the backroom staff that he wants. They're not likely to want to leave Lyon in the middle of the season, and Lyon are unlikely to want to let them go at this point. I'm not sure if it would be wise to pressure Garde to join up now, into a situation which he is saying is not satisfactory to him.

The club could ask Carver to stay on till the end of the season, but that would be awkward as Carver has made it clear he wants the permanent job. They could tell him that if he does well, the job will be his, but then that could potentially rule out Garde and other possible candidates in June.

As for the other candidates that they are supposed to be interviewing, I suspect that the best that could be hoped for is that they're prepared to consider the job at the end of the season.

Hence the limbo. I suspect the least worst option is to have Carver on a trial basis till the end of the season, and then review the situation then.

And put at risk our Premiership status - the clown should in no way be given the job in any capacity - short or long term

Also if Garde is to bring his own staff - now or at the end of the season it means Carver is getting the chop. Garde is unlikely to want to work for the the remaining 17 games with a second in command who knows he is being sacked. So the only reasonable scenario is either - getting his old staff now and getting shot of Carver and Co. or waiting until the end of the season.

My guess is the hold up is because we are haggling over Carver's release and the cost of getting Garde's staff.