Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

It would be just our luck that all of those candidates mentioned in that article actually do want the job but want to wait until the Summer and because we decide we need someone now, we end up with yet another Mr Average who will just be passing time until he is inevitably sacked.

More that our club would be the Champions League Winners of shooting ourselves in the foot than any bad luck.

Some of the things that happen, you'd swear the only logic is that Mike Ashley wants bear minimum survival in a way that allows him to laugh at our despair. That way he's profiting and getting spiteful digs in. It's tough to believe him and his cronies are stupid enough to make some of the decisions they actually have over the years and it not be on purpose.

There's been silence from the garde camp for a week now too, while nearly every other manager we've been linked with has ruled themselves out, we've heard nothing from him. I think it's garde.

It's possible that the silence has ensued after they've met and the club have asked Garde to keep silent for whatever reason and that's why France has been quiet for a while.

I doubt it though tbh, I'm just not hopeful over this appointment.

There's been silence from the garde camp for a week now too, while nearly every other manager we've been linked with has ruled themselves out, we've heard nothing from him. I think it's garde.

It's possible that the silence has ensued after they've met and the club have asked Garde to keep silent for whatever reason and that's why France has been quiet for a while.

Literally no point in trying to second guess Ashley, fuck knows what's going on, but at least the pendulum has swung away from Carver and there has been no denial or ruling out from either camp about Garde and as long as it stays that way, there is hope.

Literally no point in trying to second guess Ashley, fuck knows what's going on, but at least the pendulum has swung away from Carver and there has been no denial or ruling out from either camp about Garde and as long as it stays that way, there is hope.

True enough. How's the pendulum swung away from Carver btw? I've just woke up with a hangover.

There's been silence from the garde camp for a week now too,while nearly every other manager we've been linked with has ruled themselves out, we've heard nothing from him. I think it's garde.

Literally no point in trying to second guess Ashley, f*** knows what's going on, but at least the pendulum has swung away from Carver and there has been no denial or ruling out from either camp about Garde and as long as it stays that way, there is hope.

True enough. How's the pendulum swung away from Carver btw? I've just woke up with a hangover.

Without reading through it all again, it was along the lines of the club needs to hire a coach soon, whether that be him or someone else. When asked if he was out of the running after today's result he admitted that he probably was as it is a results based business and it's not been good enough.

There's been silence from the garde camp for a week now too,while nearly every other manager we've been linked with has ruled themselves out, we've heard nothing from him. I think it's garde.

Literally no point in trying to second guess Ashley, f*** knows what's going on, but at least the pendulum has swung away from Carver and there has been no denial or ruling out from either camp about Garde and as long as it stays that way, there is hope.

Without reading through it all again, it was along the lines of the club needs to hire a coach soon, whether that be him or someone else. When asked if he was out of the running after today's result he admitted that he probably was as it is a results based business and it's not been good enough.

Well, thank fuck I suppose if that's the case.

Well, thank f*** I suppose if that's the case.

:thup: Can't blame the guy for wanting his dream job, can only blame the club for considering someone who's clearly not good enough. Now they just need to make the right decision.

:thup: Can't blame the guy for wanting his dream job, can only blame the club for considering someone who's clearly not good enough. Now they just need to make the right decision.

Just once it'd be nice if they did something professional like. Press conference tomorrow giving Garde time before the next game etc.

:yao:

Just once it'd be nice if they did something professional like. Press conference tomorrow giving Garde time before the next game etc.

....you're still drunk aren't you? :lol:

....you're still drunk aren't you? :lol:

Looks like it :lol:

To be fair, if he wasn't in the running I would expect he or a club source would have said so. Likewise if the talks that are supposed have happened went badly it would have been reported somewhere.

Still crossing my fingers he will be announced either tmrw or Monday. Does seem strange he wouldn't at least be there to watch the game if that was the case. But to be honest if he has two weeks to get to know them now, he won't get anything more from watching live than watching the coverage and working with them til the Burnley game. It also doesn't upset the players, fans or staff that he is there.

I still live in hope, like every transfer window. Fool.

To be fair, if he wasn't in the running I would expect he or a club source would have said so. Likewise if the talks that are supposed have happened went badly it would have been reported somewhere.

Still crossing my fingers he will be announced either tmrw or Monday. Does seem strange he wouldn't at least be there to watch the game if that was the case. But to be honest if he has two weeks to get to know them now, he won't get anything more from watching live than watching the coverage and working with them til the Burnley game. It also doesn't upset the players, fans or staff that he is there.

I still live in hope, like every transfer window. Fool.

Hopeful it's just their absolute cuntish behaviour at work. They know the done would be to appoint a manager before a home game, lift the mood and give everyone a bit of optimism. Nah, we can't be having that shit, you'll get a new manager but you're not going to enjoy it.

Well if that is what's happening, they probably didn't want to throw him into two games where we would likely be beaten. Although on the face of it Southampton were very beatable today. Also think of those two weeks of saved wages...

Might also have been a case of..

Carr - get Remi

Charnley - yes he is good but expensive

Ashley - well maybe wait it out and see how Carver does til the break, at worst four losses won't break us.

Having ate shite sandwiches for seven years why do any of you believe that Ashley is going to serve up anything more appetising?

Kind of feels like another crossroads this though, in losing Pardew he's lost the gobshite that somehow enchanted the masses into believing his bullshit. Hopefully the spell has been broken and if they wheel out another stooge who doesn't have PR skills people will get belligerent. There was something about Pardew and our fans that I really hope we don't see repeated.