Rangers - Lambeezy kicked off board

Guest Recoba

From a Rangers forum (someone with common sense for a change):

1. If someone had said in Jan when promotion was looking like a distant dream that we could get 5 loan players in with no upfront loan fee's but the cost would be £500k and that would only be payable if we achieved promotion, then I can guarantee that most of us would have been happy to take the gamble and at that point it would have been madness to even consider saying no with the increased revenue that promotion will bring being way in excess of the £500k. Just keep the deal in that context and I'm sure we would all have been very happy and seen it as a good bit of business.

On the 31st Jan they were 2nd, 16pts from 1st and 6pts from 5th (with 3 games in hand) (wouldn't get in playoffs)

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/championship/2014-2015/table/2015-01-31

Today they are 3rd, 26pts from 1st and 9pts from 5th (1 game in hand)

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/championship/2014-2015/table/2015-03-28

What a turnaround!

1. If someone had said in Jan when promotion was looking like a distant dream that we could get 5 loan players in with no upfront loan fee's but the cost would be £500k and that would only be payable if we achieved promotion, then I can guarantee that most of us would have been happy to take the gamble and at that point it would have been madness to even consider saying no with the increased revenue that promotion will bring being way in excess of the £500k. Just keep the deal in that context and I'm sure we would all have been very happy and seen it as a good bit of business.

On the 31st Jan they were 2nd, 16pts from 1st and 6pts from 5th (with 3 games in hand) (wouldn't get in playoffs)

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/championship/2014-2015/table/2015-01-31

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/championship/2014-2015/table/2015-03-28

What a turnaround!

At the end of January they were in a tailspin and looking like very probably dropping out of even the playoff places.

What a turnaround!

Aye but the team was depleted and they looked awful. Recent events off the pitch and the win over Hibs has really boosted morale. Things are looking much better now than they were in Jan.

I don't really like Rangers but the way Ashley has f***ed them over is a disgrace tbh. He's taken advantage of every single situation possible purely for his own good. The only good coming out of the shambles is that even more people know exactly what Ashley is capable of and his selfish motives for every decision he makes. Don't have a good enough vocabulary to even begin to describe the bloke, "cretinous scum" doesn't even get close.

Has he really fucked them over or did he save them ??

Where'd they be without his loans ??

I don't really like Rangers but the way Ashley has f***ed them over is a disgrace tbh. He's taken advantage of every single situation possible purely for his own good. The only good coming out of the shambles is that even more people know exactly what Ashley is capable of and his selfish motives for every decision he makes. Don't have a good enough vocabulary to even begin to describe the bloke, "cretinous scum" doesn't even get close.

Has he really f***ed them over or did he save them ??

He's fucked them man. Long term contracts that they can't get out of and loans came with massive benefits to him. King could have been in a lot earlier if it wasn't for Ashley.

I don't really like Rangers but the way Ashley has fucked them over is a disgrace tbh. He's taken advantage of every single situation possible purely for his own good. The only good coming out of the shambles is that even more people know exactly what Ashley is capable of and his selfish motives for every decision he makes. Don't have a good enough vocabulary to even begin to describe the bloke, "cretinous scum" doesn't even get close.

I'd feel for them but if theres any club where karma owes them a good smackdown it is rangers so fuck em.

Has he really f***ed them over or did he save them ??

He's f***ed them man. Long term contracts that they can't get out of and loans came with massive benefits to him. King could have been in a lot earlier if it wasn't for Ashley.

Toon Pack says:

King HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Invisible when they were in Admin, made their situation worse by encouraging the "stay away", he held the door open for Ashley man!.

Oh aye, King was also on the board that led them to oblivion.

Why shouldn't loans have benefits, why didn't King offer them loans which were being sought in a panic WAAAAY before Ashley.

Why didn't King underwrite the last share issue (that was under subscribed) he could have been in control back then.

Facts are:

Ashley lent them money interest free but nailed the retail on the back of that, yet, last Rangers Retail accounts show the retail profit doubled from the year before.

Oh aye, he's got them screwed down for his benefit BUT without him they'd have been fucked months ago.

We know Ashley's a cunt, but he's not a glib and shameless convicted criminal.

It's pretty plain to see if you can look at it dispassionately and ignore the spin.

Guest chopey

I imagine Ashley has left a lot more financial time bombs ticking away at rangers, he wants them, which means eventually by fair means or foul he'll get them.

I imagine Ashley has left a lot more financial time bombs ticking away at rangers, he wants them, which means eventually by fair means or foul he'll get them.

I think he has all the bits of them he wants already. Llambias was in there to make sure Rangers cut their cloth, so long as his contracts are secure I think he'll just sit pat.

If they go pop again, he holds security over the assets anyway.

I think he has all the bits of them he wants already. Llambias was in there to make sure Rangers cut their cloth, so long as his contracts are secure I think he'll just sit pat.

If they go pop again, he holds security over the assets anyway.

Same, there's not enough benefit for him to push it any further really.

I think he saw Rangers as a buy low prospect where it would relatively cheap and easy to build them back into the Champions League and then take the merchandise cut off the top, with the exposure for Sports Direct.

Looking at it, he's almost got that already without even needing to invest properly. It's shrewd business at it's finest, but I can't wait until Ashley accidentally forgets a tax bill or something and gets royally bummed for it.

I think his original plan was to go further though, he just didn't get away with it as easily as he thought.

Me too, but then I think he managed to get the bits he wanted anyway without having to be responsible for that pesky football stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chopey

So it turns out that Ashley owns that much of rangers that they are seriously considering changing the club badge, strip, mascot ect to basically start again so that the commercial income no longer goes straight to sports direct.

Rangers go off in a new direction and Ashley is left with a dead duck, this sort of move will depend totally on the fans but it's something I would love to see happen

So it turns out that Ashley owns that much of rangers that they are seriously considering changing the club badge, strip, mascot ect to basically start again so that the commercial income no longer goes straight to sports direct.

Rangers go off in a new direction and Ashley is left with a dead duck, this sort of move will depend totally on the fans but it's something I would love to see happen

It seems they're putting a lot of thought into shafting the bastard.

It seems they're putting a lot of thought into shafting the bastard.

Well that would be amazing, especially if they default on the money they owe him as well :lol:

It seems they're putting a lot of thought into shafting the b******.

Well that would be amazing, especially if they default on the money they owe him as well :lol:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-board-launches-probe-after-5487885?

I read (maybe on the Chronicle comments section) that he has done something similar with us although as he is the owner, I guess it is within his rights  but could be an indication of complications should there be a buyer for the club.