The other games today - 2014/15

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

At the time my mate described Boateng as a fainting goat. Fair point like. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

He makes literally everyone look stupid there. Boateng on his arse, lobs the best goalkeeper in the world and leaves Lahm floundering.

That was better than the Barca of the Pep era. Less perfect, but more effective. Gorgeous to watch.

No. The Pep version was amazing. This version has more individual skill and it's faster, but the Pep version at their best was the best I've ever seen.

That was better than the Barca of the Pep era. Less perfect, but more effective. Gorgeous to watch.

No. The Pep version was amazing. This version has more individual skill and it's faster, but the Pep version at their best was the best I've ever seen.

:thup: Agree. This team is in my opinion more fun, because it's more direct. But Peps team would beat this one.

:thup: Agree. This team is in my opinion more fun, because it's more direct. But Peps team would beat this one.

Wouldn't even be close, this Barca would never see the ball.

Think my highlight of last night was probably Iniesta showing he can still absolutely dominate at the highest level. Imperious last night.

Probably my favourite non-NUFC player ever :smitten:

Pep's version was fantastic no doubt, but they spent 90 minutes toying with the opposition when it just felt like they never went full throttle, especially on a European stage. Perhaps i'm confusing them with Spain (or Barca minus Messi).

Actually F**k it, the team that beat Man Utd in circa 2008 were truly fantastic.

Think my highlight of last night was probably Iniesta showing he can still absolutely dominate at the highest level. Imperious last night.

:thup: Thought he was outstanding. Watching him and Messi at their best was magnificent

Pep's version was fantastic no doubt, but they spent 90 minutes toying with the opposition when it just felt like they never went full throttle, especially on a European stage. Perhaps i'm confusing them with Spain (or Barca minus Messi).

Actually F**k it, the team that beat Man Utd in circa 2008 were truly fantastic.

Nowadays Barça is a catchy rock'n'roll tune. Pep's team was a night at the opera.

They did when necessary, beating Mourinho's Madrid 5-0 was one of many examples.

I still believe Los Blancos will upset the Barcelona bandwagon. A double might be ambitious but they'll win something.

Although truthfully, without Modric it's a wrap.

I'm of the same opinion actually. If Modric is fit for the final (I assume they'll turn Juve), they have a pretty good chance. He's just that important for them. Ancelotti hasn't really solved Real's midfield puzzle without him.

They did when necessary, beating Mourinho's Madrid 5-0 was one of many examples.

It just looked so effortless. We would score 4 or 5 against teams without ever looking like we were trying. Instead of quick punches each goal felt like leaves falling in autumn.

I still believe Los Blancos will upset the Barcelona bandwagon. A double might be ambitious but they'll win something.

Although truthfully, without Modric it's a wrap.

I'm of the same opinion actually. If Modric is fit for the final (I assume they'll turn Juve), they have a pretty good chance. He's just that important for them. Ancelotti hasn't really solved Real's midfield puzzle without him.

Ancelotti's reluctance to rotate has been incredible. Zero trust in any central midfielders except Kroos & Modric. Bale always plays when fit. He's been fortunate Hernandez his hit the ground running. Illaramendi looks a broken man. That Brazilian lad.. what was the point?

Andy Townsend thinks Bacca would flop in the Premier League and then gives no reason at all to why he thinks this :anguish:

Scored prolifically in Colombia, Belgium and Spain but 'might only get 5 or 6 goals' in the Premier League, 'you never know'.