The other games today - 2014/15

Greg

Also Shay Given in an FA Cup final :anguish: After Stephen Carr and Obafemi won the League Cup with Brum the other year.

Who next... Peter Ramage, Smudger, Harper?

Find it funny that anyone would still be holding a grudge against Given, like. Good on him for getting the fuck away from this liar-led soulless circus.

Don't hold a grudge (if you're referring to me), I just find it hilarious/galling that our ex-players (some of whom were the absolute pits during parts of/the end of their time with us) can move on and go on to win things.

Also Shay Given in an FA Cup final :anguish: After Stephen Carr and Obafemi won the League Cup with Brum the other year.

Find it funny that anyone would still be holding a grudge against Given, like. Good on him for getting the f*** away from this liar-led soulless circus.

Don't hold a grudge (if you're referring to me), I just find it hilarious/galling that our ex-players (some of whom were the absolute pits during parts of/the end of their time with us) can move on and go on to win things.

Curtis Good has a League cup runners up medal :lol:

Find it funny that anyone would still be holding a grudge against Given, like. Good on him for getting the fuck away from this liar-led soulless circus.

I always though Given was overrated but he was pretty consistently effective and professional.

I hated him for ages, then briefly hated Carroll, then used my brain.

:lol: Sort of this but I never hated either. Was clear after the Keegan thing what players were dealing with behind the scenes. Only gripe against Given is he should have waited until he saw us safe but he'd been pleading for additions to the squad for about 10 consecutive transfer windows and as everybody in every walk of life knows there are times when another opportunity comes along in that situation and you think "Fuck it". He gave us years to sort our shit out.

Carroll's another story, the deal was clearly beneficial for all parties at the time but they'll have been on to him like fuck when they realised his transfer fee could bankroll the club for the next 2 seasons.

I always though Given was overrated but he was pretty consistently effective and professional.

Professional yeah, but I thought his form dipped towards the end, and then there was his record with penalties (which really annoyed me :lol:). Honestly, the ref may as well have pointed straight to the halfway line rather than spot.

Given sat in the City press room - knowing the likes of Robinho, Bellamy and Kompany were now his teammates - talking about how sad he was that Newcastle hadn't made any effort to keep him. He's a genuine bloke who loved/loves Newcastle, Shay.