NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

On 26/03/2023 at 14:22, Mags Serbia said:

IMG-cb64075e725214d962175b1e5e19ac73-V.thumb.jpg.25469453db2d58ee8e755a9df2607880.jpg

Aren't we supposed to play in black and white?

Don't like this saudi green and white at all. That's not Newcastle for me.

It's like when Cardiffs owner switched from blue to red shirts.

I know it's "only" the 3rd kit, but I don't like it.

4 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

It's really not. That was an owner changing the colour of the clubs home shirt.

Honestly couldn't really give a fuck what colour our 3rd kit is. Actually kind of annoyed about the automatic Saudi link this season alternative kit, and the rumoured one for next season get because I think they're pretty smart. Granted, having a lot of the family on one side as Celtic fans probably means I'm more partial to green and white than most.

Edited by sushimonster85

What makes it worse is, it's so obvious.

Like if you ignore all of these and the four or 5 others that for some reason I cant attach:

image.png.dbefd81c2bc7387e733cc7537bbfc982.png

image.thumb.png.dc4ac9ef495208ace9a82f46aaac122b.png

image.png.de4e14136373ac9f2ce739650fcc8013.png

image.png.7450f97902731f54a2a56058f8ba7f84.png

image.png.3a0817e76a18500f2ec2d538c7cf09aa.png

image.png.659d2f82756a1b9e3fd2be1cc712f686.png

image.png.bc8f49e8f248491ea477effb6872e87c.png

image.png.b6b977cb2c5e8a79c9b3d05169588064.png

image.png.dd081fc04f60bfacc385ea7067ca98d3.png

image.png.decde5516520fcab218782e8c5313c4b.png

image.png

Edited by TBG

20 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Aren't we supposed to play in black and white?

Don't like this saudi green and white at all. That's not Newcastle for me.

I know it's "only" the 3rd kit, but I don't like it.

I'm assuming this was said tongue in cheek because if not I'd be concerned for you. 

Nobody asked for my opinions but here they are anyway.

We will have Saudi-inspired kits, we will have Saudi sponsors. We're just going to have to deal with it as the price of having the owners that we do. Same as putting up with all the human-rights warriors (as of October 2021), if we want a team of Brunos, Botmans, Isaks & Champions League football we're just going to have to suck it up.

On Castore - I don't actually dislike their kits/gear all that much. The issue is whether they will be able to keep up with demand. If we release a decent kit for next season with a non-Fun88 sponsor on the front it's going to be the most sought after shirt we've had for a decade & you don't want people waiting until Christmas for a jersey they ordered during pre-season. You wouldn't have those concerns with Adidas, Nike etc.

Edited by Keegans Export

4 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

On Castore - I don't actually dislike their kits/gear all that much. The issue is whether they will be able to keep up with demand. If we release a decent kit for next season with a non-Fun88 sponsor on the front it's going to be the most sought after shirt we've had for a decade & you don't want people waiting until Christmas for a jersey they ordered during pre-season. You wouldn't have those concerns with Adidas, Nike etc.

This is where I thought the club may have been able to instigate a break from the contract. Castore already seem unable to cope with demand, not just for team shirts, but all the training/travel wear too. Theres regularly limited sizes available.

Also the questionable (at times) quality issues, experienced by not just us, but other clubs too.

We'd struggle to find a sponsor that the Saudis don't have interests in.. I mean we could have micky mouse on the front of the shirt and people will say our owners or doing the naughty

Edited by Gaztoon

17 hours ago, Slim said:

Ordered one! Thanks! Think that's the 4th shirt I've got this year. Alonside the home kit and the 2 retro home and away 95/96 shirts. 

Want to get one for the bairn but I know she'll grow out of it real soon and resent paying 30quid for them. Are the cheap knock offs any good? Need one to fit a 2 year old.

Edited by CPL

54 minutes ago, CPL said:

Want to get one for the bairn but I know she'll grow out of it real soon and resent paying 30quid for them. Are the cheap knock offs any good? Need one to fit a 2 year old.

Pretty much identical.

Only complaint I have with retro stuff is, they use whatever material todays shirts are made of.