NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Maybe I haven’t paid much attention but don’t remember a club getting so much media coverage about an imminent announcement of a sponsor. It’s almost like they’re baiting outrage from the usual suspects. 

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'll be surprised if the shirt doesn't have at least one of the logo or the Arabic writing. 

Honestly don't care that much either way. At least we're being paid fairly now.

Me too but for now a boy can dream.

Alternates. Doubt either of these would be legible irl:

whitesponsor-blackstroke.thumb.jpg.a95ae4f721442360cdc06bbea62d57ae.jpgblacksponsor-whitestroke.thumb.jpg.7316f11ca5317b62e6f1f8dfea9c574e.jpg

Guest reefatoon

Hi Sela, can you butcher up your company logo for some of the lads on NO please, thanks.

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'll be surprised if the shirt doesn't have at least one of the logo or the Arabic writing. 

Honestly don't care that much either way. At least we're being paid fairly now.

Yeah but you know what the Newcastle Online Font Society are like.

Guest reefatoon

It’s more than likely going to be the full logo. Companies have very strict brand guidelines and usage on how their logs can be portrayed and displayed. It’s not a case of just chopping it up to see which bit looks better.

7 hours ago, Geordie Boyo said:

08C87598-B965-46F8-AC92-F01007459F13.png

I'm hoping it's this one. Id be surprised if we dont have the Arabic above it and just go with 'sela'. considering the size of the market that'd appeal too when broadcasting PL games abroad. Which I wouldnt be mad with cos it looks canny good.

Absolutely wouldnt have the triangle in a square logo or whatever. Too much. 

Surprised though because their site says they're owned by PIF, which I thought would have been a big no-no.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

It’s more than likely going to be the full logo. Companies have very strict brand guidelines and usage on how their logs can be portrayed and displayed. It’s not a case of just chopping it up to see which bit looks better.

While I'm sure this is the case, plenty of companies adjust their logo depending upon the background / space available. And by the looks of it they've got multiple brands going on right now in "sela" and "SELA SPORT", and I'm assuming we don't know which one we're getting.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Surprised though because their site says they're owned by PIF, which I thought would have been a big no-no.

I don't think that it's necessarily forbidden for a larger club owner to have another subsidiary as a sponsor, but the deal has to be for a fair market price - which might be why it's slightly under the price of other CL clubs, just to be absolutely certain that it will pass muster.

Guest reefatoon
8 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

While I'm sure this is the case, plenty of companies adjust their logo depending upon the background / space available. And by the looks of it they've got multiple brands going on right now in "sela" and "SELA SPORT", and I'm assuming we don't know which one we're getting.

There is adjusting it and completely pulling it apart though, and that will depend on what it’s used for. E.g. the company I work for’s logo has to have the letters and the logo, this can’t change no matter what and can’t be split, it also can only be used in the colour it is or monochrome.

I would think for something as global and visible as being on the front of a football shirt, that they would want the full correct logo used.

It was more just a bit of a heads up for folks who think logos are free rein to chop and change at will. :thup:

Edited by reefatoon