NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

There’s some proper miserable fucks in this thread like ?

We go through this every single year. A few leaks, everyone says it’s shit, it gets an official release that changes some minds, and then everyone buys it and decides they like it anyway.

Whatever the final kit is, as soon as you see Isak score a worldie in it, you’ll be on board.

I swear people use this place to vent their frustrations of daily life ?

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Counterpoint, everyone was buzzing over these

image.thumb.png.c6ef8498370301aabc0517def5a8f1c2.png

image.thumb.png.18a1c8849e125829b5b1ee93752f0d48.png

The last 2 Castore kits were met positively as well

It’s expectations tho isn’t it? Think everyone was expecting great things when adidas were announced and these rumoured kits are just a bit boring. They aren’t bad just a boring rehash. 

Personally I’m more interested in the other stuff like training gear, jackets and hats etc than the actual kits 

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

There’s some proper miserable fucks in this thread like ?

We go through this every single year. A few leaks, everyone says it’s shit, it gets an official release that changes some minds, and then everyone buys it and decides they like it anyway.

Whatever the final kit is, as soon as you see Isak score a worldie in it, you’ll be on board.

I swear people use this place to vent their frustrations of daily life ?

Add to this that absolutely no one is able to articulate why it’s shit, beyond the fact it doesn’t match some kit they imagined.

It’s got black and white stripes and our badge on it. As long as it ticks those boxes will, at worst, be ok.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, christ said:

Add to this that absolutely no one is able to articulate why it’s shit, beyond the fact it doesn’t match some kit they imagined.

It’s got black and white stripes and our badge on it. As long as it ticks those boxes will, at worst, be ok.

In my opinion I think its shit because:

a) its exactly the same design as several other teams but with our colours.

b) the curved bits on the side eating into the black diminishes our iconic black and white stripes.

c) the one unique element, the retro badge, which isn't from a successful period of the club, isn't even visible when you wear it.

d) it is neither a classic, timeless design (unlike Castores last two efforts) or a bold statement that could become a future classic (like 95/96), its just teamwear with our badges and sponsor stuck on it.

e) there's no indication it had the slightest bit of thought or care put into it's creation.

Just observations on the leaked images though, I hope I'm proved wrong.

Edited by Harry 209

6 minutes ago, Harry 209 said:

b) the curved bits on the side eating into the black diminishes our iconic black and white stripes.

c) the one unique element, the retro badge, which isn't from a successful period of the club, isn't even visible when you wear it.

d) it is neither a classic, timeless design (unlike Castores last two efforts) or a bold statement that could become a future classic (like 95/96), its just teamwear with our badges and sponsor stuck on it.

e) there's no indication it had the slightest bit of thought or care put into it's creation.

I think you are right 

Home Kit , Average at best , Template-Tastic 

Away and Third Kit (Winners)

10 minutes ago, Harry 209 said:

Well articulated.

It's obviously more expectation vs reality here and Adidas from the possible early leaks have phoned it in.

Absolutely no individual thought put into that home kit if that is eventually how it ends up.

I'm in it for lifestyle and training ranges personally.

Templates are annoying but presumably it's the only way that these massive companies can save money on producing millions of shirts. 

It's a bit of a mistake to think that they're really 'designing' a Newcastle shirt, isn't it? They're designing a shirt and filling it in with various teams' colours. 

For me I think it's all the hype surrounding it, the 'elite' club status, only for it to be a standard club template and a really boring one at that. Proper zero effort. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

For me I think it's all the hype surrounding it, the 'elite' club status, only for it to be a standard club template and a really boring one at that. Proper zero effort. 

Are there really clubs that don't follow a template though? I'm not very educated on this. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Are there really clubs that don't follow a template though? I'm not very educated on this. 

Not sure I get this. The castore shirts weren’t following any sort of template? The away shirts aren’t using a template?

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Not sure I get this. The castore shirts weren’t following any sort of template? The away shirts aren’t using a template?

Well I don't know, maybe they are. Maybe the template is just very simple with a single colour. 

It's a fair point though, for example the blue one has design elements that I don't think anyone else has. 

Like I said, I don't know how these decisions are made. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well I don't know, maybe they are. Maybe the template is just very simple with a single colour. 

It's a fair point though, for example the blue one has design elements that I don't think anyone else has. 

Like I said, I don't know how these decisions are made. 

my local club Airdrie are a small championship side and their shirts are always unique. White shirt and red diamond. If a small club can do it surely an elite adidas shirt can have something unique 

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

I guess the point of my rant above is we don't even know if it's the correct shirt yet anyway, so what's the fucking point in whinging like a set of fannies ?

Yeah I agree with your point but it’s pretty much been confirmed that it is. 

11 hours ago, PRL said:

Actually that doesn’t match what I’m looking at. The stripes on both sides are straight stripes, not those horrible arched things 

Care to share? I hate surprises anyway. [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Where?

I’m sure the lad whose daughter plays for the women’s team said it was accurate. Sorry if I’ve got that wrong 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m sure the lad whose daughter plays for the women’s team said it was accurate. Sorry if I’ve got that wrong 

And then he said actually no it's not. Either way, wait until you see it properly. Even if it is the kit, it'll look good on... they pretty much always do.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

And then he said actually no it's not. Either way, wait until you see it properly. Even if it is the kit, it'll look good on... they pretty much always do.

I don’t particularly think they look bad tbh as I’ve said. I’m just not overly keen on them rehashing old shirts as their first offering just a bit dull. Like you say tho wait and see 

28 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah, but I have noticed that all of Adidas’ home shirts are based on a template, all the goalkeeper shirts are all the same. Watch the MLS for what we’ll get.

Elite club status gets shirts sold worldwide, long sleeved shirts (not sure if it’s home only), and a shit ton of club branded Adidas stuff.

I think people wanted Adidas back because of the classic maroon and blue away shirt. We’ll likely get a re-issue of that and may some others at some points, £120 first though please.

I actually think home shirt wise Castore did good for us, except for that huge number 4 we had one year. The issue was always how they could ramp up production, and their delivery limitations.

From a business point of view it was their marketing abilities, and the amount they could offer us.

31 minutes ago, gdm said:

I'd imagine Castore don't sponsor and produce anywhere near the amount of shirts Adidas do Worldwide. The templates will be necessary for production purposes you'd assume. 

With reference to templates - with adidas and Nike, you will 100% get a template home shirt. However it is possible to put unique design elements into them to produce interesting shirts. The current Man Utd shirt is a good example with the sublimated rose pattern that covers the shirt. Likewise Arsenal with the lightning pattern.

Unfortunately, from the leaks we've seen, there are zero unique design elements in the NUFC shirt which is why so many people find it very disappointing.