NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

bit weird the keeper wearing a different badge to rest of the team.  Hopefully they can keep the nufc badge for a silver kit in future similar to the 80's one, Arsenal seem to have a full range based on their third kit, wonder if one follows for us. 

What's the deal with the badge change? Seems random putting a badge on they had for only 5 years where you'd have to be around 45+ to remember it. Slowly planting the seeds for a new badge altogether in the coming years?

1 hour ago, mattypnufc said:

Its really not like.  Its decent. Just a few design changes they should've tweaked. 

It's so close to being a hit that's quite annoying.

However now I've seen it I reckon it's the only one of the three I'd actively cut about in.

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

What's the deal with the badge change? Seems random putting a badge on they had for only 5 years where you'd have to be around 45+ to remember it. Slowly planting the seeds for a new badge altogether in the coming years?

Definitely. Or the deselection of our current one, anyhow.

Edited by 80

44 minutes ago, ramirez said:

bit weird the keeper wearing a different badge to rest of the team.  Hopefully they can keep the nufc badge for a silver kit in future similar to the 80's one, Arsenal seem to have a full range based on their third kit, wonder if one follows for us. 

I thought this was going to be the clothing range that tied into the 3rd kit, and why I thought the shirt may have had the trefoil.

But that has the standard club crest, so I guess its just the 'originals' leisure range.

image.png

Edited by TK-421

17 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Seems to be the current trends. Quite a few teams have a retro or alternative badge on a change strip this season. Newcastle, Leeds, Everton & Motherwell are ones I’ve noticed and sure there are more 

Think its Class tbh..  Dont know if its mentioned already but... for the new kit on the product details it says the fit is regular, but for the home kit it say the fit is slim, so maybe go a size under for this one ?

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Do we reckon this is the first move towards going with the simplified logo look, and going with an old one to ease us in a bit?

Wouldn't be surprised if they end up going with the 70s one in monochrome full time. Maybe with a bit of Saudi green on the magpie's wing.

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Do we reckon this is the first move towards going with the simplified logo look, and going with an old one to ease us in a bit?

9 minutes ago, 80 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they end up going with the 70s one in monochrome full time. Maybe with a bit of Saudi green on the magpie's wing.

I’ve said this even before the takeover, but we’ll get a new badge.

As it happens I think it will be a fresher version of the magpie and castle. This logo features prominently on the new home kit, and other marketing by the club. In a recent Eales interview when they were in Germany, he is sat in front of a variation of it, with a slight change in colours. In some angles where it is more visible, the logo is more blurred.

I don’t think they would be using that logo so much if they were not starting to transition.

As it happens for the 3rd shirt, Adidas are actually using retro logo’s for most of their teams on their third shirts, usually combined with their Trefoil logo. Leeds have just released their away shirt with a retro logo which has went down very well with their fans.

TLDR: A bit of both is preparing for a new logo, and Adidas marketing for this season.

I don't think it hints towards us getting a new badge any moreso than all of the other trends do, with most iconography getting dumbed down these days. The simpler and cleaner logos are, the more recognisable they are, and the easier they are to reproduce and emblazon onto any material; from items of clothing, to the menus on your preferred app store.

The NUF badge - along with the one on the Leeds shirt - are marketing Godsends because, not only do they already have that perfect blend of aforementioned attributes - they have the authenticity required to tickle people's tastebuds for retro

It's all very cynical. 

That said, it does look quite cool imo. The flicker of colour is a lovely detail which adds something, and I've always quite liked that badge in any case. I wouldn't have any objection to seeing it become a regular thing. If there was no fangs and a more appealing sponsor it would be right up there.

think people are reading too much into the retro badge, it's a current trend that is completely Adidas-led. they've done it for loads of teams this season.

that's not to say we won't get a new badge at some point, but it's not related.

53 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Doubt it. As I posted earlier many clubs are running with the alternative badge on the away or 3rd kit this summer notably Leeds & Everton