NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

So if you look at that, do you think as a player it might be a bit harder to pick out a team mate against all that green than if you were wearing a different colour? Not for your Jonjo passes obviously, where you've got 5 mins to line a pass up, but for a reverse pass where you are relying on peripheral vision?

56 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

You’re thinking about it too much. ROI, Ireland rugby, Mexico, Nigeria, Cameroon  and Palmeiras all play in green. 

Saudi Arabia beat the World Champions to be in their green kit in the World Cup. 

Which is fine, none of those have ever won major football tournaments though. And the question about peripheral vision stil stands.

So will there not be a third kit this season ala the blue and gold? Was hoping this green kit would get just occasional special runs out.

I'm with Tron on this. Ironically a lot of the fellow green teams getting mentioned are famous underachievers! Any team can beat any team in a one off match, but across a season I'd rather have any tiny advantages on our side rather than against us. Would be better with white socks at least.

7 hours ago, TRon said:

Which is fine, none of those have ever won major football tournaments though. And the question about peripheral vision stil stands.

[emoji38] are you seriously spending your Saturday night worrying about our players peripheral vision?

What’s winning major trophies got to do with your argument? Irelands rugby team hasn’t won anything major? Nigeria, Senegal and Cameroon all won African cup of nations. 

fuck knows why I’m even debating this. The strip will get worn a handful of times and that’ll be that. 

the video you posted shows Miley picking out Turner Cooke absolutely fine. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

3 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

[emoji38] are you seriously spending your Saturday night worrying about our players peripheral vision?

What’s winning major trophies got to do with your argument? Irelands rugby team hasn’t won anything major? Nigeria, Senegal and Cameroon all won African cup of nations. 

fuck knows why I’m even debating this. The strip will get worn a handful of times and that’ll be that. 

the video you posted shows Miley picking out Turner Cooke absolutely fine. 

Five 6 nation championships in the last  14 years (3 of them grand slams) isn't winning anything major ? 

7 hours ago, 80 said:

So will there not be a third kit this season ala the blue and gold? Was hoping this green kit would get just occasional special runs out.

I'm with Tron on this. Ironically a lot of the fellow green teams getting mentioned are famous underachievers! Any team can beat any team in a one off match, but across a season I'd rather have any tiny advantages on our side rather than against us. Would be better with white socks at least.

Each kit has to be used at least 3 times, so I guess it depends on clashes/which ones the owners want to promote more.

Anyone ever had problems with the name and number printing from the club shop? The little un’s is peeling off after one wash?!  Also noticed creases in the number when we got it home. I’ll take it back up but not sure how they fix it?! 

Just now, Elliottman said:

Anyone ever had problems with the name and number printing from the club shop? The little un’s is peeling off after one wash?!  Also noticed creases in the number when we got it home. I’ll take it back up but not sure how they fix it?! 

IDK what their policy is, but I would imagine they'd just replace the whole shebang. Although peeling it and re-pressing it wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to achieve.

16 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Was it on a normal wash or a cold one?

47 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

IDK what their policy is, but I would imagine they'd just replace the whole shebang. Although peeling it and re-pressing it wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to achieve.

I remember at the time it was a young lad doing it chatting away to his mate, didn’t give a shit. I should have took it back when I noticed the creases really. But the fact it’s now peeling as well… see what they say. 

20 minutes ago, Decky said:

I've only just seen that the players have different patterns on their away tops when they're playing. I don't remember a team ever having a kit like that?