NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I feel like by the end of the Adidas deal it was pretty clear that, whatever their tier system is (or was back then), we had fallen pretty far down it. 

Aye.

I think at one point our away shirt was the same as Bugges’.

20 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I feel like by the end of the Adidas deal it was pretty clear that, whatever their tier system is (or was back then), we had fallen pretty far down it. 

Yep - the last couple of years were literally the same designs with the colours changed.  Standardised template kits.

For what it’s worth if you get the Adidas app, and get the Adidas running app, you can earn points, which you can redeem for money off vouchers. Even going for a walk is enough to earn points.

It might be worth it for some people to spend they year collecting the points, and possibly getting money off the new shirts.

Just now, Stifler said:

For what it’s worth if you get the Adidas app, and get the Adidas running app, you can earn points, which you can redeem for money off vouchers. Even going for a walk is enough to earn points.

It might be worth it for some people to spend they year collecting the points, and possibly getting money off the new shirts.

I don't think you can use the vouchers/reward points on all products though, just a select few. No harm in trying like.

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I don't think you can use the vouchers/reward points on all products though, just a select few. No harm in trying like.

I’ve just had a look at the T&C’s and it doesn’t say anything really. It just says not in conjunction with other vouchers & offers, 15% off full price items, and 5% off sale items.

It will be interesting to see if Arsenal or Man Utd fans have had success doing this.

Just now, Stifler said:

I’ve just had a look at the T&C’s and it doesn’t say anything really. It just says not in conjunction with other vouchers & offers, 15% off full price items, and 5% off sale items.

It will be interesting to see if Arsenal or Man Utd fans have had success doing this.

There's a couple of products I was going to use my points on and when I click on the product it says underneath the photos of said item that it's not available for discount/loyalty points etc.

13 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

There's a couple of products I was going to use my points on and when I click on the product it says underneath the photos of said item that it's not available for discount/loyalty points etc.

Aye, I’ve just checked the Arsenal shirt, and it’s excluded from the offers.

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

Apart from our decline on the pitch, I also wonder how much we drifted apart due to Shepherd and co. not engaging as partners off the pitch. We looked a lot less serious as a business in 2006 than we did in 1996. I can easily see part of the blame being on us.

Edited by 80

41 minutes ago, 80 said:

Apart from our decline on the pitch, I also wonder how much we drifted apart due to Shepherd and co. not engaging as partners off the pitch. We looked a lot less serious as a business in 2006 than we did in 1996. I can easily see part of the blame being on us.

Sir John was a dreamer and big thinker though in comparison to Shep, right? Also wasn’t Freddie Fletcher leaving also a big miss for us? I recall him actually being the driving force on the business end

Edited by Kanji

4 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Have to slightly disagree regarding the last few years of adidas. Yes, the home kits were probably nothing too spectacular but some of the away and European kits are fondly remebered for me. We had a yellow/golden European kit that brings memories of Shearer and Kluivert, an Argentian-style kit, a green/dark green away, there was one grey/silver one we played in the UEFA Cup in Mallorca I think. I even have some of the training gear from the relegation season and Championship season that were decent.

Glancing through this, away kits were ok for adidas in my mind towards the end. Think I actually own and love most of them.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Newcastle_United/Newcastle_United-change-kits.html

Still got these two later adidas aways...
image.png.05e209567cb490e73407aa196679a1a5.png
image.png.71a6485276c71d0b98c7a887850e5f76.png

57 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Sir John was a dreamer and big thinker though in comparison to Shep, right? Also wasn’t Freddie Fletcher leaving also a big miss for us? I recall him actually being the driving force on the business end

Hall was a dreamer and like Keegan interacted with the fans at a great level, it was his son and Shepherd who fucked it up. That said, football moved quickly past his level just like Walker at Blackburn.

Fletcher was good at business but a cunt as well, he tried banning fanzines from around the ground as he saw them as threat to programme sales.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Yes, very much so. @Thomson Mousepretty much sums it up. Once John Hall withdrew from things, in retrospect, we were just freewheeling and disaster was simply a matter of time. We were run like a failing family carnival. Just gradual decline with occasional bursts of misplaced effort while the world moved on.

11 minutes ago, Disco said:

If they do long sleeve shirts it’s a win, regardless, for me.

I thought these were a thing of the past for all clubs but just had a look and Adidas sell Man Utd shirts in long sleeves. Just hope we don't get designs as bad as that Man Utd away kit!

Edited by Vedder

Depends on who’s making it albeit they’re not widely available IIRC. Just had a look and they do long sleeve for the new Arsenal, Man United and Italy so you’d hope they will do. 

It’ll be a visit to Davey Gate’s sports emporium again if they don’t.

9 minutes ago, Disco said:

Depends on who’s making it albeit they’re not widely available IIRC. Just had a look and they do long sleeve for the new Arsenal, Man United and Italy so you’d hope they will do. 

It’ll be a visit to Davey Gate’s sports emporium again if they don’t.

Only the elite teams get a long sleeved version. Teams like Ajax and Benfica who are not elite, do not get a long sleeved version.

Random, but interesting - Umbro (when they went all "tailored by Umbro") didn't like how some players wore long sleeves and some wore base layers and the kit would look different between those players....so for Man CIty's away kit they did the below. Where they basically made the long sleeve kit look like the same as the base layer kit. Very odd/unique/cool IDK.  For us, I'd like long sleeves but would like for the base layer to not look vastly different from someone wearing long sleeves! 

image.thumb.png.fec293bfee046dbaf389c2c70fc7bf29.png