NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

Pretty decent. Not outstanding but noy anywhere near meh either.

Only thing I wish would be the collar and sleeves colour to be inverted. Major black, minor white. Would.have made it more traditional.

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

With the embroidered badge could it be another 4th/fan shirt like this seasons that was released?

That's a good point actually and not something I'd considered. Hopefully it is the real deal and we will be moving back to embroidered badges.

The leaked Rangers kit has an embroidered crest and a similar collar. The Villa one is harder to judge, I guess it's a stitched on badge seeing as theirs is just a basic shield design.

I'm surprised it's still Castore mind. The way the shop is it feels like they've been winding down operations since they opened [emoji38]

Very little stock, some things just haven't restocked and an absolute barrage of sales. 

Just now, NE27 said:

I'm surprised it's still Castore mind. The way the shop is it feels like they've been winding down operations since they opened [emoji38]

Very little stock, some things just haven't restocked and an absolute barrage of sales. 

Castore offer very favourable terms to the clubs they work with iirc. As far as commercial agreements go it’s probably pretty low down the list of ones they want/need to renegotiate.

Just now, christ said:

Castore offer very favourable terms to the clubs they work with iirc. As far as commercial agreements go it’s probably pretty low down the list of ones they want/need to renegotiate.

I don't mind them still being here btw, I'm just saying their operations seem piss poor.

Just now, NE27 said:

I don't believe that for a second like.

Signed a long term deal with them about 18 months ago. They’ll hang around until the proposed ban on gambling sponsors comes in IMO. 

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I don't mind them still being here btw, I'm just saying their operations seem piss poor.

I agree. Seem to be a bit of an odd operation. Got a load of major contracts but doesn’t feel massively professional at this stage.

The stuff of theirs I have seen I don’t mind tbf. The pricing strategy is all over the shop like. 

1 minute ago, christ said:

Signed a long term deal with them about 18 months ago. They’ll hang around until the proposed ban on gambling sponsors comes in IMO. 

Can't see the Saudis sticking with a piss poor sponsorship deal with a piddly betting firm.

All the talk has been of maximising sponsorship deals to allow the most investment into the team. To carry in with Fun88 would be a rather odd throw of the dice like[emoji38]

4 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Can't see the Saudis sticking with a piss poor sponsorship deal with a piddly betting firm.

All the talk has been of maximising sponsorship deals to allow the most investment into the team. To carry in with Fun88 would be a rather odd throw of the dice like[emoji38]

I’d have though the Fun88 contract would be paid off (especially with the Saudi/gambling aspect) but we seem to be against paying money where we don’t ‘need’ to, as with the Ashworth gardening leave. Depends how long the contract is how much, and if it’s worth it to the club, I guess. 

3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Likely to only be another year. I imagine there are pretty punitive clauses if either party decides they want out midway through, but changes to legislation will mean a clean break and less financial impact.

I think the new rules around market rate sponsorship means the club won’t be in a rush. Commercial operations across the club need a huge amount of attention, and by boosting those (and demonstrating an improvement on the pitch) over the next 12 months they could likely argue the worth our shirt sponsorship is more than they could this summer.

51 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Could it just be that it’s close to the end of the season so they’re getting rid of what they have before a ‘relaunch’ with new merchandise?

1 minute ago, sugoinufc said:

please give us Umbro, Adidas or Nike - they do it best.

Issue with these are that we won’t be their centrepiece unlike the mid 90s. You could see Castore putting a lot of effort into us long term as their main deal.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Could it just be that it’s close to the end of the season so they’re getting rid of what they have before a ‘relaunch’ with new merchandise?

Possibly. But it's been like that for most of the season as far as I can tell.

Maybe this is how it should be and I've just been conditioned by Mike Ashley that it should be stacked high and sold cheap[emoji38]

Create a bit scarcity and it's more desirable. I've impulsed on the hoodie and shirt just so I didn't miss out.

I'm sure Staveley said - possibly when discussing that weird short term commercial ban the other PL clubs lobbied for - they were looking for local/UK-based sponsors? In fact didn't she actually namedrop Aramco itself as something that wouldn't actually happen, despite the assumptions and speculation? Can't find the quotes but I'm sure I recall that. 

Guest reefatoon

If the colour blue on the castore logo isn’t to tie in with a sponsor, they could have at least made it the same shade of blue that is on the Newcastle badge, just for symmetry.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm sure Staveley said - possibly when discussing that weird short term commercial ban the other PL clubs lobbied for - they were looking for local/UK-based sponsors? In fact didn't she actually namedrop Aramco itself as something that wouldn't actually happen, despite the assumptions and speculation? Can't find the quotes but I'm sure I recall that. 

you must be fun at parties