AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Old mate of mine is still going - says life's too short to get involved in politics. :(

But long enough to watch deliberately non-competitive drivel whilst your cash is being stolen? Makes no sense - just apathy.

Yeah - probably out of habit. Apathy indeed. Am not going to argue with him - I'll save my vitriol for Total Sport tonight (if they ring)

That's it for me. If he started making decisions for footballing reasons (proper managerial appointment, spending the money that's available namely), then I'd go back. It'll take a lot to get him to leave us I reckon, but if the campaign results in this at minimum, it's been another great success like the Pardew campaign.

Old mate of mine is still going - says life's too short to get involved in politics. :(

I'm sorry, but you really have to re-evaluate your life if you cannot bear to miss one game watching this horrid team.

What an incredibly depressing existence. Need to get some more excitement and adventure in your life if that's the case.

Actually really annoying me all of this. It's pathetic.

Been going since 1978 and am a long term season ticket holder, but won't be going back this season or indeed next, until either a) Ashley goes, or b) he shows some genuine ambition.....not holding my breath on that one. Will be in Leazes Park before the game and outside the ground post match.

Have also cancelled my Sky TV as of this week, f*** Ashley & f*** Murdoch.

I don't actually even need Sky Sports any more, it's the entertainment channels I watch mostly. Even those I could do without but it would cause arguments with the rest of the family. I will probably have a look at downgrading the package to get rid of the sports, but from previous experience it's usually tied to their premium stuff anyway. It's either all or nothing. I might end up going nothing. The amount I spend on Sky would go towards a decent holiday every year.

But long enough to watch deliberately non-competitive drivel whilst your cash is being stolen? Makes no sense - just apathy.

Yeah - probably out of habit. Apathy indeed. Am not going to argue with him - I'll save my vitriol for Total Sport tonight (if they ring)

I always like hearing you on total sport BG, give us a shout if you're on tonight!

Been going since 1978 and am a long term season ticket holder, but won't be going back this season or indeed next, until either a) Ashley goes, or b) he shows some genuine ambition.....not holding my breath on that one. Will be in Leazes Park before the game and outside the ground post match.

I don't actually even need Sky Sports any more, it's the entertainment channels I watch mostly. Even those I could do without but it would cause arguments with the rest of the family. I will probably have a look at downgrading the package to get rid of the sports, but from previous experience it's usually tied to their premium stuff anyway. It's either all or nothing. I might end up going nothing. The amount I spend on Sky would go towards a decent holiday every year.

I'm finding thesedays regarding the premier league in general that I read a lot more match reports, listen to radio and wsruff like MOTD2 for a catch up. She stopped showing Toon matches and others on dodgy TV in my local but I haven't been arsed about going to catch matches at another pub.

How much is sky with sky sports per month? A lot I'd imagine.

I just bought an Android box for the sport and Virgin's current bundle for about £50 a month, about £30 a month better off and with much better broadband.

I'm weighing up possible scenarios regarding how this campaign could go. And how Ashley may react to a smack in the gob, effectively. Because I'm certain he's a vindictive cunt.

I can recall Saddam Husseins troops setting oil wells on fire as they retreated through Kuwait I should imagine Ashley's retreat would be similar to that. He's gonna do us up the arse isn't he? But if that's what it takes then so be it.

I'm weighing up possible scenarios regarding how this campaign could go. And how Ashley may react to a smack in the gob, effectively. Because I'm certain he's a vindictive cunt.

I can recall Saddam Husseins troops setting oil wells on fire as they retreated through Kuwait I should imagine Ashley's retreat would be similar to that. He's gonna do us up the arse isn't he? But if that's what it takes then so be it.

Everything he does against us, I.E. lessing the income of the club, driving it down will just affect his pockets so there is no real risk of that happening as he isn't that stupid.

Everything else, I.E. selling the right to things to him personally or to SD, or MASH holdings will be getting done before any sale in anyway.

jacked season ticket in after one year of Ashley ownership and have been back 3 times on a free ticket so watch at home or in pub never missing a game ,my nephew has his stag do for the Swansea game and he has been given a ticket to go and a few of his mates are going et and i made my excuses telling him sorry mark will not go but will meet him  after the game so my boycott is that game if that makes sense .Imho only relegation or a relentless media and fan campaign against  Ashley may sway him and i will be surprised if he sets foot in the ground again this season

From one hour before kick off we will have volunteers at the ready to hand out 20,000 A4 leaflets explaining the details of the protest, and which can also be used to send Mike Ashley a clear message, whether inside St. James’ Park or outside, that the fans of Newcastle United have had enough.

We would like to invite you to join us for a visual and audible pre-boycott/game protest behind the Gallowgate, opposite to the club shop, starting 30 minutes before kick-off, at 3:30pm (not in Leazes Park as previously stated!)

Following this protest, we will head over to Leazes Park after the game has kicked off, where no specific protest activities have been planned, but where we will spend one and a half hours feeding the ducks, watching the grass grow and having a kick-about with fellow fans (there is every chance you will see more determination than on the pitch a few hundred feet to the South). We encourage those fans who wish to boycott the game for the greater cause, but who can’t deal without their weekly fix of Newcastle United, to watch the game in one of the many pubs who have offered discounts to (season) ticket holders during the game in support of #BoycottSpurs. A list of participating venues can be found at the end of this statement.

Just before full-time we will head back to behind the Gallowgate end towards the corner of Strawberry Place and Barrack Road where all fans are invited to join us for a post-boycott/game protest starting at 5:45pm.

Whilst we ultimately respect each individual fan’s decision on whether to join the boycott or indeed our protests before kick-off and after full-time, we urge every Newcastle fan to join us in this peaceful demonstration of unity and strength to show the world that we want a club to be proud of once again.

Whether Sunday’s boycott is heeded by 500 or 50,000, AshleyOut.com will be proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with like-minded fans as together we take the first step in reclaiming our club

This is only the start. Ashley out.

Updated on AO today.

Two fantastic things to take from that:

The symbolism of the pubs offering discounts and getting on board

The 'this is only the start' bit.

It would be good to see city councillors, MP's etc turn up to show that the city really is united behind this.

Two fantastic things to take from that:

The symbolism of the pubs offering discounts and getting on board

The 'this is only the start' bit.

It would be good to see city councillors, MP's etc turn up to show that the city really is united behind this.

It'd be a good start to see a rousing endorsement from the local press. It's been made pretty clear though that they know their place. . . . Cowardly bastards.

BBC Radio Newcastle have given the boycott a good mention this morning but I don't know how many people listen to the breakfast show. They had somebody on the show at around 7:30 and he came across really well.

You're assuming that he hates you as much as you hate him.

I'm weighing up possible scenarios regarding how this campaign could go. And how Ashley may react to a smack in the gob, effectively. Because I'm certain he's a vindictive c***.

A fair assumption I would say.

I'm weighing up possible scenarios regarding how this campaign could go. And how Ashley may react to a smack in the gob, effectively. Because I'm certain he's a vindictive c***.

A fair assumption I would say.

An ego-centric assumption, I'd say.

Oh well, here goes.

To be honest, the boycott all feels a bit naive. Similar to the Sack Pardew campaign - a howl of anger rather than anything constructive.

We'll soon be appointing a permanent manager, and I'm wondering what any half-decent candidate is going to make of the club. Despite the campaigners' opinion of his ability, Pardew's standing in the game was reasonably good and will only have been enhanced by events at Palace. Candidates will have seen the guy driven out by supporters and may well think twice about putting themselves in the same position.

Similarly any waverers are going to be concerned about harnessing themselves to an owner who is subject to a similar campaign.

So altogether, I expect that - as with the results of the Pardew campaign - we'll end up in a worse position.

Ashley had always had a piggybank attitude to spending money, and he's now got the club in a position where there's some surplus cash to spend. Personally, I'd like to see what he's prepared to do this summer.

People will say that we're reached the same position before, but the situation now is a bit different, and will be an acid test of whether he's prepared to spend on the team or try to recoup his previous investment.