AshleyOut.com

TK-421

Completely different like but if the Britons didn't try to stand up to Hitler we'd be fascists speaking German.

If mankind decided to not do anything because the odds were impossible, we'd probably be extinct.

Each to their own like. I just don't believe in the logic that you should take shit just because you're scared of making a mug of yourself. You're being mugged off regardless.

If a 7ft bloke kept pushing you, and prodding you, and abusing you, you wouldn't just stand there and take it.

Cronky, man - are you going to answer me this time? I've asked you before and I'll ask you again: what actually is your opinion of the club? Do you think it's underachieving? What would you change? I know you're not a wind-up merchant but you only ever speak on the contrary.

I wasn't conscious of ignoring any question from you.

Ashley has made some bad and costly mistakes, so yes we could have done a lot better. The issue is whether this kind of campaign, at this point, is going to do more harm than good. I'd say, for reasons I've already stated, that it can. You can look at the Pardew campaign, and the earlier attempt to force Ashley out, to see how things can backfire when the club spins out of control due to supporter pressure.

As for what I'd change, I'd really like us to unearth the next Clough or Mourinho - someone who's going to over-achieve in a massive way - but there's an element of luck as well as judgement in that.

I think the basic strategy of the club is right. Going on a spending spree in the hope that you'll then be able to start balancing the books in three years time when you're top of the league, doesn't work. FFP is also a big restriction. So the Arsenal model that they've made it clear that they're following is fine with me. It's the execution that's been poor. There's been two bad mistakes there - firstly, with the appointment of Keegan, who was never suited to working that model, and secondly with Kinnear as DOF, which undermined Pardew and led to complete inertia in decision-making.

As for prioritising the league against the cups - everyone does that, for good reasons. There's been a fair bit of hysteria over the 10th place target statement - I don't believe that the club doesn't want to finish higher, but because Ashley is unpopular and tight with money that's how it's been spun.

The most dodgy area at the moment is the free use of the ground for Sports Direct advertising. Ashley's thinking is probably - sod it, I've bailed this club out from near bankruptcy and given it a big, interest-free loan, I'm entitled to some payback. Also - I'm going to be unpopular anyway, so what the hell. There's a legacy of bitterness between supporters and owner from the Keegan era, which underpins that. Ashley isn't completely in the wrong here, but ideally he ought to pay for the advertising.

Personally, I haven't given up hope of a good managerial appointment this summer and some new blood being brought in. It's not in Ashley's interests for the club to fail, after all, and in reality you can't have a strategy of only being good enough to finish mid-table. If that was ever his aim (and I doubt it) he'll have learned differently. Football isn't that exact a science. But we'll see.

Tbh, I'm also a bit worried about the effect of all this on the morale of the players, at a time when we're still not completely safe from relegation. 'Support the team, not the regime' sounds very fine, but in practice this sort of campaign tends to happen in reaction to the team doing poorly, as is the case now.

Final point on something that rankled with me. I noticed in this thread a Spurs supporter referring to us as a 'once great club'. Well, when was that exactly? No league titles for nearly 90 years, no domestic cups for 60, no major trophies for 45 years. We're a club that's still trying to build the foundations of success, but the mentality of many supporters doesn't seem to acknowledge that. We get accused of feeling we're 'entitled' to success, and while I don't think that's fair, I can see where the criticism comes from. Too many have got their head in the clouds a bit, and it tends to spill out in situations like this.

Excuse the long post, but it's difficult to put 'my opinions of the club' in one paragraph.

I think the basic strategy of the club is right. Going on a spending spree in the hope that you'll then be able to start balancing the books in three years time when you're top of the league, doesn't work. FFP is also a big restriction. So the Arsenal model that they've made it clear that they're following is fine with me. It's the execution that's been poor.

u wot m8

I've had 3 emails from the club this week advertising tickets for Spurs game.

I've had several too including one at 6am today.

Yeah, I usually get 1 per game. Had 3 this week.

The Arsenal model where we are paying for a  few stadium of the Arsenal model where we buy players like Sanchez and Ozil and quality for the champions league 14 years in a row?

:lol:

:anguish:

Auto correct :s

i wasn't laughing at the errors like, just the assessment of the arsenal model

The Arsenal model where we are paying for a  few stadium of the Arsenal model where we buy players like Sanchez and Ozil and quality for the champions league 14 years in a row?

You disagree?

You disagree?

no it was a fucking funny response to cronky man :lol:

You disagree?

no it was a fucking funny response to cronky man :lol:

Moment of weakness mojo on my part lol.

Excuse the long post, but it's difficult to put 'my opinions of the club' in one paragraph.

No, that's fine, that's what I was after.

So do you feel the club, as a sporting institution, is striving to be the best it can be? Do you feel Ashley is invested enough in the fortunes of the club, again, as a sporting institution - as opposed to a business venture or, if you want to put it crassly, a Sports Direct subsidiary?

I'm totally against this now, why?

tfBettsy1892 ‏@tfBettsy1892  · 10h10 hours ago 

What if jihadi john buys NUFC and "rids you of MA" is that ok? Is that "change"???

If a 7ft bloke kept pushing you, and prodding you, and abusing you, you wouldn't just stand there and take it.

I agree with most of your post Heza, cept this bit. I was involved in several union scraps with my previous employer, the lasting memory I have of the whole thing was how utterly cowardly, pathetic and in some cases just lazy the average person is. And that's in the context of folks livelihood so I'm not surprised at all to see the average bloke bend over and take it up the hoop when some cunt is wrecking his football club.

So because the fat man isn't a terrorist we should be grateful ? What are some people on !?  :idiot2:

Aye, at least we aren't owned by a terrorist, not just any terrorist but probably the most wanted terrorist on the planet.  That's all they have to back Ashley with now.  Imagine going public with that.  :lol: