Newcastle United vs Spurs - Sunday 19th April@4pm (watch on SkySports 1 instead)

leffe186

Guest Roger Kint

As if the one game really affects you in any way, or your being there even matters to the gutless wonders infesting our dressing room.

£710 ST/19 games = £37.36 per match

£710 ST/18 games = £39.44 per match

No doubt the £7 burger bought in the ground will be a necessity though........

im in two minds about this boycott

i dont want to go because it does need highlighting and a statement made

but...

i cant bear not supporting my team and he already has my cash

a sit in may have been better forcing them to keep the stadium open for hours afterwards ultimately costing them for police and stewards and leccy bills etc

You have nothing to lose, you can still go into town as per normal, go to the protest and watch it in a bar.

Think of the greater good.

ashley still has my cash for the game though, he doesnt care if im there or not

The more empty seats in the ground, the more it's going to be talked about and mentioned in the media, which will make him squirm.  The emptier the better for making a point. Sitting on the fence is no good at all. Either do something or do nothing and be happy with your lot.

this is why i have the dilemma

You are the loyal type of fan that Ashley is taking the piss out of. I know you have good intentions - but it's playing right into his hands.

Guest reefatoon

It's annoying as people need to see past the "He already has my money". This is more a stand of unity from ALL Newcastle fans to show the regime we are not standing for it anymore.  Newcastle fans really need to be all in for this.  The problem is, it will be the people who go to the game that will say "I told you it wouldn't work, look how many people are here" not realising, it is themselves that's the problem.

but...

a sit in may have been better forcing them to keep the stadium open for hours afterwards ultimately costing them for police and stewards and leccy bills etc

You have nothing to lose, you can still go into town as per normal, go to the protest and watch it in a bar.

Think of the greater good.

The more empty seats in the ground, the more it's going to be talked about and mentioned in the media, which will make him squirm.  The emptier the better for making a point. Sitting on the fence is no good at all. Either do something or do nothing and be happy with your lot.

this is why i have the dilemma

You are the loyal type of fan that Ashley is taking the piss out of. I know you have good intentions - but it's playing right into his hands.

I was Cookie about 2 or 3 years ago and can relate to what he's saying.

Penny has long since dropped since then and I made the decision that I was not going to be exploited any longer. Got to cut the cord mate and let go. 

I was able to ignore the bigger picture for a while and just try to watch every match in isolation. But discussing the match, events, transfers etc suddenly just started sounding completely ridiculous in the context of a club that's no longer trying.

What is supporting the team?

How many of these players have shown real interest in representing Newcastle United? How many appear to be bothered by the current situation?

What's better for the long-term outlook of this club - a huge crowd of muted supporters watching a drab match, as we've seen throughout this season, or massive swaths of empty seats and a protest outside to make it clear that the current aimless path is unsustainable?

Guest Roger Kint

The irony being that by attending and sitting in silence (most games this season) you are supporting the regime and not the team.

You forget the booing at HT/FT. Team love a good old booing in support of their efforts

Struggling to understand why anyone would think our current team, management and owner deserve any support - we are in an absolute mess.

Struggling to see why so many cannot see this and will not do anything about it.

Struggling to think of any justifiable reason for anyone to go to this - a one off (for now) boycott to make a stand against the above.

I think all those not going into the ground should still meet up around the ground encouraging people not to go in/block turnstiles etc - what ever it takes!

They tried doing that in 1989. It didn't stop people going.

but...

You may as well join in for this game mate, absolutely nothing to lose. It'll feel much better to be part of the however-many who took part.

it will i agree, i have always believed in backing those on the pitch with the shirt on though regardless of everything going on around it

Exactly my point.

The irony being that by attending and sitting in silence (most games this season) you are supporting the regime and not the team.

Exactly, local rags and Carver saying we need to support the team. What good is 52 000 people sitting in silence going to do? Nobody can seriously get any real enjoyment out of home games these days, can they? (Bar Ashley)

but...

You may as well join in for this game mate, absolutely nothing to lose. It'll feel much better to be part of the however-many who took part.

it will i agree, i have always believed in backing those on the pitch with the shirt on though regardless of everything going on around it

Exactly my point.

What would it take for you to stop? Being sponsored by "Jimmy Saville Was Innocent PLC"?

As if the one game really affects you in any way, or your being there even matters to the gutless wonders infesting our dressing room.

£710 ST/19 games = £37.36 per match

£710 ST/18 games = £39.44 per match

No doubt the £7 burger bought in the ground will be a necessity though........

I don't pay anything like that.

Price freeze means I pay £17.36 per match for me and £4.73 per match for the bairn.

I was accused of being a glory seeker today because I support the boycott.

I must be the worst glory seeker in the history of mankind.

:lol: what two-brain-cell moron managed to drum up such an accusation?

Ujpest Doza probably sent him a private message

but...

Exactly my point.

What would it take for you to stop? Being sponsored by "Jimmy Saville Was Innocent PLC"?

3 Relegations plus a few false dawns haven't stopped me going.

Guest reefatoon

but...

Exactly my point.

3 Relegations plus a few false dawns haven't stopped me going.

The loyalist football supporter the WORLD HAS EVER SEEN

This

Atmosphere is shit, team generally play shit so its almost impossible to get chants going because you dont feel as though that support is being reciprocated through their effort/performance! Ever!

manager is too proud to realise his shortcomings and an owner seemingly hell bent on extorting every penny he can from the club at the expense of all hope and ambition we once had.

How can anyone want to miss that this sunday?

He cares very much whether you're there next year though, and the seasons after that.

An emptier stadium will just give him an insight into how much less gate revenue he's going to get.

When he looks at the crowd, he doesn't see fans, he sees pound signs and I hope he's going to see a lot less on Sunday.

Nobody should abandon their club because of things like relegations and defeats and things that are the normal part of being a fan, but we need to separate that concept of loyalty from what is going on at the moment. This is a great chance to sacrifice something quite small to demonstrate that we don't accept how the club is being run. There's nothing disloyal about it, quite the opposite.

Nobody should abandon their club because of things like relegations and defeats and things that are the normal part of being a fan, but we need to separate that concept of loyalty from what is going on at the moment. This is a great chance to sacrifice something quite small to demonstrate that we don't accept how the club is being run. There's nothing disloyal about it, quite the opposite.

Ujpezt, take notice.