Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

People would happily take Garde and he was in pretty much the same position before taking over at Lyon right? That worked out OK.

Still, smells funny that its being so widely reported. Would still rather get someone who might fail opposed to someone with a track record of failure so I'd be interested to see where it went.

Pete Graves is pretty reputable isn't he?

He's nowt but a walking fucking haircut. Any bloke that says he supports newcastle and Sunderland needs gelding, talk about sitting on the fucking fence.

Also quite happy to let others do the legwork and then report it as "sky sources understand. . .". In short, he's a fucking helmet.

People would happily take Garde and he was in pretty much the same position before taking over at Lyon right? That worked out OK.

Garde of today, not Garde of back then.  Doubt many would have been too enamored by pre-Lyon Garde.

Viera? Well, as has been said he's not Carver. I'd take the unknown at this point I suppose but would prefer us to go for someone proven :yao:

Positives are his standing in the game, leadership qualities, he's learned from the best in the game and is a proven winner. Can't see him accepting mediocrity or planned failure.

Negatives he might be shit.

Pete Graves ‏@PeteGravesSky

Let's be clear #nufc have a shortlist. Viera and McLaren are on it. Both will have talks. It is NOT a 2 horse race either.

Clarification after the bets have piled up :smug:

Let's be clear #nufc have a shortlist. Viera and McLaren are on it. Both will have talks. It is NOT a 2 horse race either.

Nah, it's a 3 horse race. One horse is fucking dead (Carver), one has a broken leg (McClaren), and the other is fully fit (Vieira). We all know it's not the fully fit one who will win the race.

It's not going to be Vieira, not a chance is he going to come out of a meeting with Charnley and want the job.

At the end of the day it makes very little difference who the head coach is.

It's Ashleys system that needs changed first, because unless the head coach gets to pick the players and the coaching staff it will make little difference.

If true, at least we have moved away from Carver, which is massive progress.

With a bit of luck, we will edge towards Vieira or another instead of McLaren.

Must be at least 4 horses if these "Viera" and "McLaren" guys are on the list.

Sorry, I have a problem with journalists who can't f***ing spell.

Vieira was a brilliant player but is unproven as a manager so I don't want him.  If the club are to show some ambition they need to bring in a young proven manager who is ambitious himself and has something of a track record.  I don't include McClaren who failed at Derby and was happy to stay with them in the Championship.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Has he even coached a senior football team? It's a risky appointment and I can't think of many positives apart from  getting some of their promising youngsters on loan.

Vieira was a brilliant player but is unproven as a manager so I don't want him.  If the club are to show some ambition they need to bring in a young proven manager who is ambitious himself and has something of a track record.  I don't include McClaren who failed at Derby and was happy to stay with them in the Championship.

Big risk but as we know Ashley likes a gamble

Sadly for every Kevin Keegan there is a Bryan Robson