Patrick Vieira - NYCFC manager

Dave

Viera spent last week at the home of the Welsh Football Trust – the development arm of the FAW – Dragon Park home as he continued his Uefa Pro Licence while he was joined by the likes of former Arsenal teammates Sol Campbell and Thierry Henry as well as David Ginola, Les Ferdinand and Wales icon Craig Bellamy.

Wonder if they had anything to say about us...

There's not a chance in hell anyone is worse than Carver, 1 win 13 ffs. I'd hazard a guess that a crack squad of Flip, Mike and Hans would do a better job.

Mike would replace Woodman as the bantz guy

There's not a chance in hell anyone is worse than Carver, 1 win 13 ffs. I'd hazard a guess that a crack squad of Flip, Mike and Hans would do a better job.

:lol: Flip would lose his shit trying to get Williamson to play that Samba Brazil bullshit they used to play, and Hans would be handing out massages to the youth squad. I'd run out of ideas after we get out pick and roll schemes tight.

Guest firetotheworks

Viera spent last week at the home of the Welsh Football Trust – the development arm of the FAW – Dragon Park home as he continued his Uefa Pro Licence while he was joined by the likes of former Arsenal teammates Sol Campbell and Thierry Henry as well as David Ginola, Les Ferdinand and Wales icon Craig Bellamy.

'Yeah, Pat you should totally go there!'

Then they just burst out laughing with each other when he walks away.

:lol: Flip would lose his shit trying to get Williamson to play that Samba Brazil bullshit they used to play, and Hans would be handing out massages to the youth squad. I'd run out of ideas after we get out pick and roll schemes tight.

:lol:

:lol: It's a big risk, isn't it? This is where managers come to die. Unless they're lying fucking bastards and everyone believes them for no god damn reason.

We know that Carver isn't up to it, whereas there's a chance that Vieira might be good, or even very good. That's the difference.

Vieira has obviously earned himself some reputation as a coach, but who knows how he'll fare in the top job.

Personally, I'd be happy to take a punt.

:lol: It's a big risk, isn't it? This is where managers come to die. Unless they're lying fucking bastards and everyone believes them for no god damn reason.

After they've stabbed themselves 27 times.

For me I would normally applaud their courage in such a scenario. Being an optimist and all...

Unfortunately, under these cunts I see it as nothing other than a desperate tactic to uncover a hidden gem. That will probably make them money in the long term if he succeeds and if he doesn't they've lost nowt. Likewise for Vieira - if he fucks up..."ah well the conditions, blah blah blah". If he doesn't "ah I get my big move for more big money."

Fuck off man.

Anyways, I will back him all the way, so long as he isn't another yes man who implements this hideous "football" philosophy...

Some saying there's no reason to get excited. Well, there's more reasons to get excited than to be critical.

I'm all for this, if he's allowed his own staff etc. He talks really well, clearly football intelligent, prefers attractive football, has many connections, would be a great pulling power for signings, has modern football experience, etc.

I'm all for it. Yes, it's a risk...but we're currently bricking it over a possible full-time Carver, worried about McClaren, and stressed about a ton of old has-beens. Having a manager I can actually like would be a improvement for my support of this club.

However, it wouldn't change a thing with regards to wanting Ashley and Co out. Nothing will feel good until that poisonous group fuck off.

If we were willing to do that, we wouldn't have to go for people like Viera.

Some saying there's no reason to get excited. Well, there's more reasons to get excited than to be critical.

I'm all for this, if he's allowed his own staff etc. He talks really well, clearly football intelligent, prefers attractive football, has many connections, would be a great pulling power for signings, has modern football experience, etc.

I'm all for it. Yes, it's a risk...but we're currently bricking it over a possible full-time Carver, worried about McClaren, and stressed about a ton of old has-beens. Having a manager I can actually like would be a improvement for my support of this club.

However, it wouldn't change a thing with regards to wanting Ashley and Co out. Nothing will feel good until that poisonous group fuck off.

What's this based on like?

I don't get it.

Why would anyone choose Vieira?

A great player in the PL, a combative midfielder who would drive his team forward, a winner.

Like this cunt:

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9778710.ece/alternates/w620/58-RoyKeane-EPA.jpg

Strange move.

Not sure what to make of the Viera link. Totally in-experienced but I'm not sure he's the type of character that would be a patsy for the owner. Always seemed to be a man who knows his own mind. Guess we'll see what happens.

However, it wouldn't change a thing with regards to wanting Ashley and Co out. Nothing will feel good until that poisonous group f*** off.

Why Edwards being such a tool about it

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele  6m6 minutes ago

Manchester Evening News wrote Vieira story yesterday. Independent wrote it eight hours ago. Bookmakers slashed odds yesterday morning #nufc

Sure Viera odds were slashed on Thursday though ?

Was just looking to see what hes been up to at city, theres a video from april where he's asked what his favorite ground to play at was in an interview.

"St James park, the fans".

Wasn't that Kompany?