Emre's goal celebration.

Optimistic Nut

Guest khainufc

Im a Muslim as well and I think I know what he was trying to do there,though Im not sure if it is the direction of Mecca he was praying to.Im pleased to see him doing that,and I hope it will become a trademark for him whenever he scores a goal.

I hope it doesn't become a trademark. I'm not religious and never will be, I don't hold anything against people who are religious but personally i don't want their beliefs interfering with my life. Emre is a muslim and I respect that but i don't want to watch him worship on a newcastle united pitch, i think it is unappropriate to brings personal beliefs into football. Just my thoughts.

So you feel the same when a player steps on the pitch, touches the turf and makes the cross symbol on their chest? Or when that Man City player died and France scored and they all raised their finger to the heaven's?

*rolls eyes*

a cross symbol on the chest is much more discreet than getting on the floor and worshipping something i find offensive. The tribute to the man city player you refer to doesn't mean anything to me personally, to me they are just pointing to the sky.

What do you find offensive about the Muslim faith?

what i find offensive about most religions is that they expect everybody to agree with them and how preachers try to persuade me that i am an idiot for not believing their religion. 

i dont see anything about the celebration that offend u...nor the celebration persuade u to believe in muslim...and i think religion is not by force... is by choice...

Im a Muslim as well and I think I know what he was trying to do there,though Im not sure if it is the direction of Mecca he was praying to.Im pleased to see him doing that,and I hope it will become a trademark for him whenever he scores a goal.

I hope it doesn't become a trademark. I'm not religious and never will be, I don't hold anything against people who are religious but personally i don't want their beliefs interfering with my life. Emre is a muslim and I respect that but i don't want to watch him worship on a newcastle united pitch, i think it is unappropriate to brings personal beliefs into football. Just my thoughts.

So you feel the same when a player steps on the pitch, touches the turf and makes the cross symbol on their chest? Or when that Man City player died and France scored and they all raised their finger to the heaven's?

*rolls eyes*

a cross symbol on the chest is much more discreet than getting on the floor and worshipping something i find offensive. The tribute to the man city player you refer to doesn't mean anything to me personally, to me they are just pointing to the sky.

What do you find offensive about the Muslim faith?

what i find offensive about most religions is that they expect everybody to agree with them and how preachers try to persuade me that i am an idiot for not believing their religion.

i dont see anything about the celebration that offend u...nor the celebration persuade u to believe in muslim...and i think religion is not by force... is by choice...

It didn't particularly offend me in all honesty and on reflection after reading others posts i wouldn't be bothered if he did make it his trademark. I suppose at the end of the day i just don't agree with his faith and would prefer for him not to have a religious celebration. I won't say anymore as i can see our opinions are different and wouldn't want it to come inbetween myself and other forumers on what is my first day on the forum blueyes.gif

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks that by seeing someone perform a religious gesture, their life is being interfered with are absolutely moronic and dont deserve to be British.

ok so is there a specific country you have to be from to think what i do? your post is equally moronic.

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks that by seeing someone perform a religious gesture, their life is being interfered with are absolutely moronic and dont deserve to be British.

ok so is there a specific country you have to be from to think what i do? your post is equally moronic.

Yes, it's called America. Lot of wankers.

Kidding aside, I'm actually very happy that Emre is the kind of man that's confident enough in what he believes in to display it publicly like that.

In whatever form it may come, faith is a wonderful thing. It's unfortunate how many cannot appreciate that.

(no offense to the American fans out there btw, just kidding.)

Kidding aside, I'm actually very happy that Emre is the kind of man that's confident enough in what he believes in to display it publicly like that.

In whatever form it may come, faith is a wonderful thing. It's unfortunate how many cannot appreciate that.

Even terrorist attaacks? or religious wars? You may appreciate these forms but i certainly do not.

Even terrorist attaacks? or religious wars? You may appreciate these forms but i certainly do not.

The things you are purporting to be examples of faith are really just evil people using the pretense of faith as an ends ot achieve their means.

If you would condemn all relgion because of the sins of terrorists and false prophets,

Would you condemn the entirety of the human race just because it contains some murderers, rapists, and mackems?

Guest jda2006

I can't think of any alternative, unfortunately.

I have a terrible feeling that the person you offended might have been white though.

yea im white born in england faimlys been in england proberbly since the saxons arrived.

But belonging to a a patch of land "england" for example has no relevance on my life at all.  People who get wound up by people doing anything thats considered to be non english (i.e building mosques, wearing vails) are fucking tits, i cant understand why they think its going to destory them or the way they live there life.

These small minded people should open there minds and live the way they want to without trying to persaude others that they have to live there life there was just because they share to same patch of land..

how would it be "interfering with my life" ??  :lol:

Im completely anti-religion but the lad can do whatever the hell he likes and as long as he is scoring he can get out a prayer mate and some statues if he really wants!

As long as he doesn't stop passing the the Christians i don't care.

Then there wouldn't be anyone else left to pass the ball to, would there.

Guest Deep456

how would it be "interfering with my life" ?? :lol:

Im completely anti-religion but the lad can do whatever the hell he likes and as long as he is scoring he can get out a prayer mate and some statues if he really wants!

percisely

how would it be "interfering with my life" ?? :lol:

anyway he just thanking god...

A "god" who believes everybody is a muslim and says so in the Kuran. I don't share Emre's belief that this god should be worshipped after a newcastle goal.

Even I know it's Qu'ran.

I didn't mind seeing him doing it because it was a goal he really deserved and a very important goal, hence I could see him wanting to thank  "god" for scoring it. However, I agree with Nazza06 that I don't want to see him doing it every time he scores. Trying to find a reason for why I think this, but can't find any, just feel it.

By the way, I don't want our players to do any christians signs either, just to clarify that it has nowt to do with him being a muslim or anything like that

I'm a moslem too, so I believe he made a thankfull expression to His God.

Just like you lot when you make cross sign in certain situation.

I hope it doesn't bother anyone there.

yes, Ideally we do it towards mecca if we can manage it.

No, we're not terrorist (at least 99,99..%) of us.

I hope It's Ok for moslem to be a toon supporter.

Sorry for my english

Of course it's ok to be a toon fan!

But don't brand "us" as christians.  I'm not a fan of christianity (or religion in general) at all

Guest number9

I dont think it was anything religous at all what he did. He was shocked he scored I guess cause he has been loosing his confidence over the months he need s more of these he will get better, unluckily he got injured again ...

Nope, It's religious indeed.

I just impressed he still manage to think of it with that kind of emotional ecstacy (sorry, can't find a better word)

seems like a nice person to me.

Not every moslem did it actualy.

Emre is not that religous I still dont think so he did it because he is muslim. I have  been watching him for years galatasaray inter and nwecastle first tiem Isee him doing that.  It occurs to me that you just want it to be a religious sign. ;)

I can't think of any alternative, unfortunately.

I have a terrible feeling that the person you offended might have been white though.

yea im white born in england faimlys been in england proberbly since the saxons arrived.

But belonging to a a patch of land "england" for example has no relevance on my life at all.  People who get wound up by people doing anything thats considered to be non english (i.e building mosques, wearing vails) are fucking tits, i cant understand why they think its going to destory them or the way they live there life.

These small minded people should open there minds and live the way they want to without trying to persaude others that they have to live there life there was just because they share to same patch of land..

Gejon certainly is a tit and I wish he would follow your advice. Sadly, I worry that we have already lost him.

we can pray to as many gods as we like, but nobody is powerful enough to get rid of our problems

most problems are the result of religion or as i refer to it"being gullable enough to believe and live your life according to something which has no evidence"

I

we can pray to as many gods as we like, but nobody is powerful enough to get rid of our problems

most problems are the result of religion or as i refer to it"being gullable enough to believe and live your life according to something which has no evidence"

I'm sorry, but why on earth do you care so much?

It's just a fucking CELEBRATION. From a player who hardly scores many anyway and has never done that before. Get over yourself.

well, i'm a christian and i'm not offended by the celebration.  simple gestures of faith are a part of who religious people are and if no physical damage is done to anyone or anything, then what's the problem?  now, if, as part of a religious gesture, oba had slit the throat of that bird and smeared himself in its blood to assure he'd get goals blueeek.gif, THEN we'd have something to be upset about.  but otherwise, let the man (emre) have his moment. 

i'm also, american and not offended by the "lot of wankers" post either.  bemused, maybe, but not offended.  :cool:

Guest NorthRock

It is same god you and emre pray. Emre havent celebrate his goals like this way before. I think he wont do that again.

But i saw that English people cant accept any other relegion except the christianism. In Turkiye, there are a lot of christian player and they freely celebrate their goals. You should be more peaceful.

I'm a moslem too, so I believe he made a thankfull expression to His God.

Just like you lot when you make cross sign in certain situation.

I hope it doesn't bother anyone there.

yes, Ideally we do it towards mecca if we can manage it.

No, we're not terrorist (at least 99,99..%) of us.

I hope It's Ok for moslem to be a toon supporter.

Sorry for my english

and i hope its okey for a toon supporter to not be part of any known or to-be-known religion!:)

It is same god you and emre pray. Emre havent celebrate his goals like this way before. I think he wont do that again.

But i saw that English people cant accept any other relegion except the christianism. In Turkiye, there are a lot of christian player and they freely celebrate their goals. You should be more peaceful.

Actually i think most people are saying they can accept any religion whether it be christianity, islam or jedi :roll: I've changed my mind, he can do what he likes, i'll just look away :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

I want to know how the fuck a woman can be sacked for wearing a small cross over her uniform because it offends the public, while an employee of a company can make a religous gesture

I'm not attacking Emre, I'm highlighting the double standards and why some people are apparently upset about it