Bob Concur

Guest axel

Siem de Jong is back and he hardly played last season with injury so he can be a real asset for the club going forward. He is a quality player when he is fully fit.

Cheick Tiote is a player that Steve McClaren might get the best out of again after working with him in the past. There’s no doubt he can be an influence for the team when he is on form and playing at this best. Steven Taylor also returns from injury.

Like three new signings.

They're patently just going to go up in increments now to sucker in as many people as they need to meet their bottom line of season ticket sales

1. Coach

2. Backroom

3. New signing #1

4. New signing #2

Stop going down the list when enough people have bought their shit. Coaches and managers are the cheapest so they've started there.

People are fucking insane getting season tickets this year like.

Jesus Christ. Our last trophy-winning captain taking a seat on the board and then lying through his teeth whilst doing what - irrespective of what he's getting paid - is a £7/hour job. Utterly bonkers.

Tbh I'd not be surprised if he's actually getting paid £7/hour. And is happy about it. What an utter worm.

Erm...

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Fabricio-Coloccini-trophy.jpg

:lol:

That's nowt compared to

http://www.nufc.com/images/2010-11images/2010-08-03trophy.jpg

When I was a kid, Spanish media bigged up those summer trophies to no end. Clubs would even list them alongside their proper trophies!

Always loved how massive the Teresa Herrera is, all the same.

No time for Moncur - despite watching him score 3 times over the 2 legs of the Fairs Cup Final, one of the most memorable occasions of following NUFC, and lifting our last major trophy, he has always had a tendency to be patronizing about the fans.

After the meek capitulation against Liverpool at Wembley in 74, he was interviewed on TTTV after the club's parade through the city and instead of apologizing and promising to try to make up for the shambles like Supermac did, he merely produced a B&W flat cap, and said ' this to me characterizes the Geordie supporter - a fan gave this to me and said put that on your head Bob'....that was about the sum total of his contribution.

Macdonald did his level best in the following 2 years to try to get us another day at Wembley, and he and the rest of the 1976 side did just that although a flu-ridden side lost 2-1 to Man C after a fighting performance - all Moncur has done since was to give grudging praise to KK's management during his 5 years from 92-97 and then to hastily back every shonky leader of the club since, surpassing himself with this sell-out to Ashley...

Compare that to Alan Shearer, who despite being a far more high profile player, has given up his box at SJP, probably in solidarity with the fans....

There was, reputedly, two opposing groups of players during Moncur's time at the club, mainly that led by him and those who were part of Supermac's group - you can see why now..!

No time for Moncur - despite watching him score 3 times over the 2 legs of the Fairs Cup Final, one of the most memorable occasions of following NUFC, and lifting our last major trophy, he has always had a tendency to be patronizing about the fans.

After the meek capitulation against Liverpool at Wembley in 74, he was interviewed on TTTV after the club's parade through the city and instead of apologizing and promising to try to make up for the shambles like Supermac did, he merely produced a B&W flat cap, and said ' this to me characterizes the Geordie supporter - a fan gave this to me and said put that on your head Bob'....that was about the sum total of his contribution.

Macdonald did his level best in the following 2 years to try to get us another day at Wembley, and he and the rest of the 1976 side did just that although a flu-ridden side lost 2-1 to Man C after a fighting performance - all Moncur has done since was to give grudging praise to KK's management during his 5 years from 92-97 and then to hastily back every shonky leader of the club since, surpassing himself with this sell-out to Ashley...

Compare that to Alan Shearer, who despite being a far more high profile player, has given up his box at SJP, probably in solidarity with the fans....

There was, reputedly, two opposing groups of players during Moncur's time at the club, mainly that led by him and those who were part of Supermac's group - you can see why now..!

The shame Shearer who refuses to criticise Ashley from the significant platform he finds himself on?

Agree on the rest, like.

• 2 years later...
Guest firetotheworks

I'd like to think that it was people deliberately people not going because he's a massive traitor, but I would guess that it's just that talk ins aren't as popular with the older generation.

I'd like to think that it was people deliberately people not going because he's a massive traitor, but I would guess that it's just that talk ins aren't as popular with the older generation.

Traitor ffs. :lol:

The Daily Mail has a lot to answer for.

Guest firetotheworks

Not sure what else you would call someone working for and in support of Ashley. Tremendous player and captain, but it's possible for him to be both and for people to respect him as one and criticise him for the other.

Traitor is a bit much, mind. He's employed by the club, of course he's not going to publicly criticise his boss. Privately, I'm sure he's of a very similar opinion to the rest of us.

Complicit then

Hardly that, either. Is he still on the board? If so, he's there in a glorified ambassadorial role. What is his contribution to Ashley's decisions/strategy?

Not sure what else you would call someone working for and in support of Ashley. Tremendous player and captain, but it's possible for him to be both and for people to respect him as one and criticise him for the other.

Fair enough.

Like many others, he works for the club he loves. I'd happily criticise him if I knew that he were not (privately at least) getting mardy and bending his employers ears, but either way, I doubt he's feeling much better this morning than the rest of us.