The Coaching Staff

NUFC

The only thing I can sensibly think of is that McClaren wanted to spend the first day or few days of the training to exclusively get to know the players and retained training ground staff, before introducing the new coaches to the players today or Monday.

Given his status on the board you would have to say that if Moncur says that Cathro has joined and Steve Black is set to join that it has to be true - or otherwise he is completely clueless about what his own board are up to.

I hadn't realised Moncur in his column this morning has mentioned Ian Cathro and Steve Black as coming on board. Just why the hell can't we let people know, instead of the constant cloak & dagger bullshit. We simply have to be the most infuriating club to support.

Guest Roger Kint

Who is the youngish bloke with 'JH' on his shorts in the photos? One of the physio team?

Guest Roger Kint

Who is the youngish bloke with 'JH' on his shorts in the photos? One of the physio team?

Jamie Harley, Sports Scientist.

Ah cheers :thup:

From the latest club email

I have certainly got that in my newly-appointed backroom team and I've had the pleasure of welcoming them to the club. I’m sure you will extend the same warm welcome to them as I have received.

Paul Simpson, who I know very well and have worked with for many years, has joined the club as assistant coach alongside Ian Cathro, who is rightly regarded as one of the most promising young coaches in Europe.

In addition, Alessandro Schoenmaker has joined the club as fitness coach and Steve Black, who many of you will know following his time here and at Newcastle Falcons, has returned to the club as a consultant. I have worked with both Alessandro and Steve before and, alongside goalkeeper coach Andy Woodman who remains at the club, their expertise will be hugely beneficial.