England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

New game, how long till ITV commentators mention stevie fucking g commentating an england game despite him being long gone for good reason and of course talk about him as some mythic figure who by the sounds of it won all the world cups. They managed it on about 20 minutes today.

Worked some reasonable openings but our ball striking has been pants. Almost every shot scuffed.

Yeah we improved but not even forced a decent save.

Jayson, there was about 3 times when spain really should have got it on target at least, most glaringly with Costa having plenty of time to curl a shot in but rushing it and going over.

Worked some reasonable openings but our ball striking has been pants. Almost every shot scuffed.

Yeah we improved but not even forced a decent save.

Jayson, not sure what you're watching there was about 3 times when spain really should have got it on target at least, most glaringly with Costa having plenty of time to curl a shot in but rushing it and going over.

Defence has been largely solid, the cb's are playing well. Trying to curl one from wide in the area into the top corner isnt a clear opportunity just because top class players manage it.

But Spain's players are top class and I'd expect them to finish them. Defending well enough that would keep west brom out ain't going to cut it against spain (usually) so I wouldn't call that good defending.

I do agree that the CBs are playing well, just think Spain have had way too many chances to feed the ball in from wide by passing past the full backs and they should have got a goal or two from it. I also think Spains defense has looked a bit wonky and we probably should have scored.