England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

southgate is really growing on me i'll be honest, thought he was gonna be another yes man abject failure but he seems to have grown a lot in his time since middlesbrough...liked all the stuff about studying NBA and that

:thup:

Guest neesy111

Two wins vs bullshit teams and y'all acting like this. [emoji38] This isn't what I'd expect from the people that invented the sport.

Least we've won the thing.  Don't see the USMNT's name on the winning list.

Two wins vs bullshit teams and y'all acting like this. [emoji38] This isn't what I'd expect from the people that invented the sport.

After 52 years of ALLOWING countries to enjoy World Cup success we are taking back what's ours.

[emoji38] I'm just saying. For example if it was basketball and USA beat someone like.....oh, I don't know... Nigeria. We wouldn't even clap, man. We'd get halfway through a shrug before the apathy set in.

[emoji38] At home, like 80 years ago. There's a solid gold nail to hang your bullshit newsboy caps.

After 52 years of ALLOWING countries to enjoy World Cup success we are taking back what's ours.

[emoji38] I'm just saying. For example if it was basketball and USA beat someone like.....oh, I don't know... Nigeria. We wouldn't even clap, man. We'd get halfway through a shrug before the apathy set in.

I see what you did there. Well played.

[emoji38] At home, like 80 years ago. There's a solid gold nail to hang your bullshit newsboy caps.

bac9f30777faed2875b45562a528ada4.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

What America should do is have a World Series tournament between themselves and Canada or something and if they win, they can be world champions and if they don’t, well who the fuck are Canada anyway?!

I didn’t know they failed to qualify from a group that had Panama in it mind, just how bad is footy in the States at current?

:lol: In all seriousness I maybe more positive than usual, but that's mainly because I see a team which plays like a team.

It gets me really excited for some reason :lol: even if we get knocked out in the 2nd round this tournament will bring more happiness to me than any other has in the last 15 years.

I actually care this time for some reason, I haven't given a shit since 2002 so it's weird.

Guest neesy111

:mung:

I see what you did there. Well played.

:lol: The collateral damage makes me feel bad, though.

Guest Howaythetoon

Last time I gave this much of a fuck was ‘98, although I was gutted we went out to Brazil in 2002 was it because I felt we could have won that tournament. That draw with Nigeria though as as boring as anything I’ve seen from England. We were great against Brazil for large spells though.

Guest Howaythetoon

I honestly want England to do well for the first time in absolute ages, probably mainly because of how your media has treated Sterling :lol: I want him to win it for you.

They will demand his medal be stripped and given to soldiers or something I’m sure.

:lol: In all seriousness I maybe more positive than usual, but that's mainly because I see a team which plays like a team.

It gets me really excited for some reason :lol: even if we get knocked out in the 2nd round this tournament will bring more happiness to me than any other has in the last 15 years.

I actually care this time for some reason, I haven't given a shit since 2002 so it's weird.

It is really nice to see an England side turn up to a major tournament and join the party instead of burying themselves under pressure and expectation. It’s fun to watch them.

southgate is really growing on me i'll be honest, thought he was gonna be another yes man abject failure but he seems to have grown a lot in his time since middlesbrough...liked all the stuff about studying NBA and that

They've been on the Newcy Broon man, that explains it.

I honestly want England to do well for the first time in absolute ages, probably mainly because of how your media has treated Sterling :lol: I want him to win it for you.

They will demand his medal be stripped and given to soldiers or something I’m sure.

Hope he melts it down into a machine gun pendant and where's it like a fucking crucifix. Kissing it every time he scores.

Guest Howaythetoon

Would love him to do the Robbie Keane/Earnshaw machine gun goal celebration if he scores.

The rage though :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Walker shouldn't be on twitter after a game, he should be resting, then visiting sick children in Russian hospitals and sending his wages to Help For Heroes. Typical of the arrogance from England players, win a game and go straight to social media.

Can’t remember the last time an England team was so likeable! Even Henderson who going into the tournament I didn’t even want to be starting im warming too. It’s refreshing after all these years to see a group of players enjoying playing and looking like they really do care as well. Southgate has done brilliant the way he’s brought us all together, it’s got a very Italia 90 feel to it in as much as you feel even if we do go out they’ll be treated as heroes as you couldn’t ask for any more - I know I’m getting ahead of myself and we could lose 2-0 to Senegal in the last 16 without having a shot on goal but I just don’t see it with this team.

So what are the scenarios here?

The last 16 match is winnable no matter what, but after that as group winners we'll probably face Brazil or Germany, wheras if we're runners up it's probably Mexico or Switzerland/Serbia.

But beyond that as group winners we're in the half of the draw with France/Denmark/Russia/Uruguay whereas as runners up we're in with Spain/Portugal/Croatia.

Which is preferable?