England

Yorkie

Honestly though I've never seen shithousery like that. They ripped the shithousery textbook up and went off road, Disco is probably still erect.

Wasn’t that bad imo, as they didn’t get ahead and thought England matched it up in shithousing stakes til Dier came on. Kane was imperious at winning FKs. Maguire’s dive was awful though, don’t apologise for cheating fivehead.

:lol: Still cannot believe that.

I didn’t think it was a very good performance at all, but obviously the shootout eclipses everything. We deserved to win but we didn’t put much football together at all. Doesn’t matter in the end but we’ll need to improve our fluidity in attack.

This essentially.

Thing is, "improve our fluidity in attack" presupposes that we're having off days or something rather than not just playing better teams that don't roll over.

I didn’t think it was a very good performance at all, but obviously the shootout eclipses everything. We deserved to win but we didn’t put much football together at all. Doesn’t matter in the end but we’ll need to improve our fluidity in attack.

This essentially.

Thing is, "improve our fluidity in attack" presupposes that we're having off days or something rather than not just playing better teams that don't roll over.

I just think we’re not linking up well through the midfield, people like Sterling, Alli and Lindgard aren’t getting into it enough. Sounds like a silly time to complain but I’d like to see us put more moves together.

This essentially.

I just think we’re not linking up well through the midfield, people like Sterling, Alli and Lindgard aren’t getting into it enough. Sounds like a silly time to complain but I’d like to see us put more moves together.

Alli hasn't looked right ever since he got that knock in the first game, and hasn't done enough. Loftus-Cheek needs to replace him. I'd keep Rose in for Young as well, better for balance having a left-footer.

This essentially.

I thought Gary Neville nailed it for once myself. We looked mint for 20 minutes, Kane, Sterling, Alli all over the place causing trouble. If we don't score in that period and the other team adjust we struggle.

We just don't have enough creativity, i don't think it's something that can improve really. We are doing our best to get around it but the reality is that lack a player in midfield who can unlock a defence.

It's going to be like this for as far as we go in the tournament, we just need to hope we can find ways around it to get through as we have so far.

Biggest worry has to be the fact we're creating sod all in open play.

I was more of the view that we decided to sit on the lead and found it hard to snap out of that going into extra time. When we went for it again in the last 15 of ET we created chances. The first half of normal time was always likely to be tight, as most of the other games have been.

I don't think we should go that defensive when leading again, it almost worked but you have to give yourself a chance of catching them on the break. I'm very positive about the quarter final like, you'd imagine our players will be bouncing now and the pen thing is a massive monkey off our back too. Nothing to fear now.

Didn't create a chance in open play in 120 minutes. I can't think of any. Dier was from a corner iirc. Lingard took a dive when a decent opportunity presented itself.

Must be annoying as a Palace ultra that Gaz Southgate hasn’t subscribed to the horrific, ignorant bellend approach of your heroes like Al Pards, Brighty, Si Jords and that top nonce chairman. Unlucky.

Guest neesy111

Sterling got the lowest ratings of all the England players today.  Either I'm useless but England were hopeless for the majority after he went off?

Sterling got the lowest ratings of all the England players today.  Either I'm useless but England were hopeless for the majority after he went off?

Thought he was pretty good tbh, in terms of the forward thinking players Lingard was the shite one today.