England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Just curious, would you argue he's a wing-back rather? I wouldn't. Either way, the biggest gripe I usually have with 3-5-2 is the lack of natural wingers. Some teams like Juve can make use of the system in creating attacking football but let's face it, most teams that use the 3-5-2 system are interested in taking advantage of three centre backs and therefore being extra solid at the back.

Not sure, I guess so. Read something a while back saying Liverpool reckon he’ll be a midfielder eventually. Know where you’re coming from though.

I for one would say he's the most exciting young prospect England has at the moment, barring maybe Rashford. Most of my friends are Liverpool fans and therefore I see a lot more of them than I actually care for haha. I'd just say he's a very modern right back - quick, adept defensively and can deliver the goods going forward, very good right foot.

Love Southgate, he's done so much In getting the players to care again and working towards something. Whatever happens in the next 4 years if soneone else comes in it needs to be a similar appointment the goal shouldn't change. It feels like for the first time we are working towards something rather than just turning up.

I don’t think much has changed for England, other than the players and manager being younger, and them playing 3 at the back. I don’t see anything particularly exciting happening, it’s just England continuing to be a second tier side.

We had Gerrard, Scholes, Carrick and Lampard all around a similar time but we're crying out for someone like that now

Well all four of them are very different types of player :lol:. I’d say Alli is like Lampard tbh. We def need a Scholes and/or a Carrick though.