England

Yorkie

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I don't see why it shouldn't? Tino is more than good enough, and Trippier needs to be rested and rotated at some point.

Mainly because he’s our most creative player and I think we will struggle to create chances without him. 

33 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

This is England v Italy... And being played in silence.

Embarrassing 

Was thinking this at the time - actually thought this was ideal for us. We just needed to take the sting out of the game and settle into a draw…they were the ones who needed to make it a high energy game. Not that it’s always the case, but this is part of why Southgate has been so successful in qualifying tournaments. Taking the sting out is what he does, for better or worse. We’ve  got good enough players - usually Kane - to put teams away in a mundane fashion.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Didn't really watch it until literally seconds before the third goal, but why didn't Italy even try and force it 3-1 down with 15 plus stoppage left? 

Italy are so numbingly average I don’t think they’ve got the players to do it.

I watched their game at home vs North Macedonia last year when they lost and got knocked out of the WC playoffs.  That was the same story.  They’ve got nowt about them. 

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

Does anything warm the heart more than a stadium full of Englishmen singing along to sweet Caroline.

:lol:

Everyone expects a routine win at Wembley and that's exactly what everyone gets. Does nowt for building an atmosphere. 

Anyway, Jude Bellingham is a bit good, isn't he? Seems to have that quickness that the elite have, he gets to balls he shouldn't get to and very often does the right thing. He has no weakness from what I can see. And he's just turned 20! Imagine how good he's going to be in a few years...

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Anyway, Jude Bellingham is a bit good, isn't he? Seems to have that quickness that the elite have, he gets to balls he shouldn't get to and very often does the right thing. He has no weakness from what I can see. And he's just turned 20! Imagine how good he's going to be in a few years...

Aye, he's incredible. Can't remember seeing a teenage midfielder as mature as him (I know he's not a teenager any more).

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

You a regular goer? What's your theory for why it's like it is?

Yeah do most home games and the occasional away. 

Just find the whole set up of Wembley is more suited to a show rather than a football stadium. It’s impossible to get a pint over half time but you can get popcorn or pic’n’mix no problem. I reckon 90% of people around me had a phone out recording the penalty. I have no problem with a family section but the whole stadium bar one little block is set up like that.

It was so much better at Old Trafford in the summer. There needs to be more games on the road but they won’t do it because of the money they’d miss out on.