England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

However I'm well aware Southgate doesn't pick on form, it's based on familiarity and players he likes 

I'm gutted for Gordon because his form deserves to have been rewarded but I'm actually happy he'll get a 2 week rest, we've got a busy period after the Internationals 

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

Yup selfish as hell and couldn't give a toss about England. Ignore our gems as long as possible, please.

A thousand times, this.

Half surprised Southgate isn't trying to tempt Wayne Rooney and John Terry out of retirement in his squad of dependable known quantities.

I suppose one plus if he gets called up is he likely gets the confidence boost from the recognition but will probably only get some sub minutes as Southgate won't want to mess with his tried and tested, and tried and tested again, and again.. 

We're qualified already, and we're playing North Macedonia and Malta. Glad he's trying some new things. Would be good to try new blood out like Hendo and Maguire. And Phillips needs minutes.

I'm guessing we're looking at about 40% of the squad suddenly picking up a knock this weekend.

The booing of players will continue and Southgate will defend them as usual. Let the fucker get on with it treating us like a minnow team like northern Ireland with him making our pool of players super small to choose from, when we know we've got a vast oceans worth. Boring fuck. 

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

You think that if Southgate had dropped Phillips when he should have dropped him he’d have actually pushed a move before now? 

Think his future depends on what he's being told by Man City. Could be he's happy to be patient and has been promised more games if X, Y, Z. 

38 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Guess being player of the tournament at the u21's and one of the best wingers in the league this season is overrided by being woefully out of form and playing for Man United. 

There's no replacement for continuity, my friend.

I mean if you're gonna take Trippier and Wilson from us just take Livramento and Gordon instead surely? The former two are running on fumes plain as day. Give the young un's a run out.

I still maintain from a footballing perspective Southgate has achieved the bare minimum acceptable level. Taken into account the wealth of talent available and the very favourable fixtures I don't think he's been impressive at all and we've generally failed the first time we've faced decent opposition.