England

Yorkie

Someone said Rooney has no leadership qualities in this thread which is laughable like, and the constant underrating of him as a player even at domestic level is a joke as well. He already has the same amount of goals this season as he did in the last. However, he probably shouldn't start for England in the Euros, at least in the first game. I think he will though. Kane is the best striker England have so will 100% start, but I think it'll be Rooney alongside him with Vardy as an impact sub. Rooney is still a very good player, but he needs to step up and do it again at international level. It has been too long.

If it was me I'd drop Lallana and play Rooney on the left like. I'd feel like a criminal not starting Vardy or Alli. Lallana is bang average.

I absolutely respect your opinion, but disagree with it pretty much 100%.  Playing Rooney on the left would be criminal considering how slow he is and how little he adds to build up play.

Don't get me wrong, he doesn't have the pace to be a winger, but he does have the ability to draw players away from their position and would leave a lot of room for the full back to get down the wing. He still has the ability for that killer pass too and is dangerous outside the box. Can hold up the play better than most too. Would be good to have him on the pitch for frees as well as he is arguably England's best free kick taker. At least that way you can play Rooney, Kane and Vardy.

I'm actually quite looking forward to this Euros to see how everything pans out. :lol:

How little Wayne Rooney adds to build up play. :lol:

If anything Rooney gets slated for dropping too deep and helping out when he should be further forward. He's got a great range of passing and ideas, he's better at build up play than finishing.

Vardy would be some player to bring on to hassle the opposition if you're in the lead mind. Roy has a hard choice. All I know is that if I was England manager Kane would be the first name of the teamsheet.

This is doing my head in like, i agree to a point about Rooney.  But if Vardy was the same age as Kane/Alli him starting wouldnt even be debatable. This impact sub stuff is nuts & seems to be the cliche fast player against tired legs.

I also dont get this undertone in football that if you're good at a younger age its more "real" & you have more potential. What matters is whats happening right now. Vardy is a few goals off the likes of Lewandowski & Aubemayang in what was seen as a much weaker side. Yet aye, lets maybe bench the guy. It has to be his age like, must be. He's not been at the top level for as long so its not as "real" or something, maybe give him a chance off the bench.

:thup: he's come into the premier league late in his career but he's clearly in the form of his life, why leave him on the bench when he's exuding so much confidence right now? What does he have to do to deserve a starting spot ffs?

Thats it. Who knows anyway, maybe he'd have made it years ago if given the chance at the highest level. We cant assume scouts spot every single players peak potential everytime. Who knows who we've missed. Maybe Vardy is one who has sneaked in that could've been a great but was nearly missed. His adjustment to the highest level has differed in no way to that of Kane's apart from his age. They've just been given the chance at different ages. Aduriz at Spain seems to have had a similar later breakthrough.

Hollands team looks fairly atrocious on paper.

I was in Holland over the weekend and spoke to a few about footy. From who I spoke to they don't rate Blind is manager and also feel there is not enough quality coming through youth. Mentioned Vincent Janssen as someone who may be decent, but felt overall they were heading for poor times with potentially not making it to 2018 World Cup as it will be so bad.

Hollands team looks fairly atrocious on paper.

I was in Holland over the weekend and spoke to a few about footy. From who I spoke to they don't rate Blind is manager and also feel there is not enough quality coming through youth. Mentioned Vincent Janssen as someone who may be decent, but felt overall they were heading for poor times with potentially not making it to 2018 World Cup as it will be so bad.

Bazoer is meant to be good isn't he?