England

Yorkie

5 hours ago, Paully said:

Mate has just paid £300 for four tickets for the friendly at SJP - two adults and two kids - utter disgrace that - £85 and £65 - bairns were desperate to go - outrageous 

Unbelievable :lol: mine were £25 a pop in the Gallowgate. They’d have been better off joining ESTC for the year and getting the cheap tickets last week.

13 hours ago, Paully said:

Mate has just paid £300 for four tickets for the friendly at SJP - two adults and two kids - utter disgrace that - £85 and £65 - bairns were desperate to go - outrageous 

I paid £80 for 2 adults and a ten year old.

I paid £30 for one, booking fee at £2.50 is a disgrace though.

I still don’t see why it’s on a Monday when you have Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday all available.

Is this on the Wembley site lads ? I'm trying to book for me plus one child. I've registered, it's asking me for the child details "assign fan", anyone know what to do here ?

Also no delivery methods offered

Plus the FAQ returns a 404 code

They aren't making it easy !

Seems like Southgate’s sole job at this point should be figuring out how to construct the best XI and system around Bellingham, Saka, and Foden.

On 02/03/2024 at 11:11, JLC said:

Is this on the Wembley site lads ? I'm trying to book for me plus one child. I've registered, it's asking me for the child details "assign fan", anyone know what to do here ?

Also no delivery methods offered

Plus the FAQ returns a 404 code

They aren't making it easy !

I think everyone needs an England supporter number (FAN) to book at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Seems like Southgate’s sole job at this point should be figuring out how to construct the best XI and system around Bellingham, Saka, and Foden.

We've got ALOT of very good, exciting attacking players right now. The problems lie further back amongst the defence and the central midfielders.

It'll be incredibly depressing to see Henderson start our first game of the tournament, I can only hope he's injured to force Southgates hand elsewhere.

A front 4 of Kane, Saka, Foden and Bellingham is as good as its been for England in a long long time. Add to that a bang on form Gordon and Watkins and we've got decent options as well. 

5 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Pretty incredible he didn’t start any of those 3 in a Euros Final, opting to play Sterling, Phillips and Mason fucking Mount.

You’ve gotta feel for players like Bowen. Ordinarily he’d have every chance of playing regularly for England but he’s probably about 6th or 7th choice because of the embarrassment of attacking riches we have.

1 minute ago, Big Jow said:

You’ve gotta feel for players like Bowen. Ordinarily he’d have every chance of playing regularly for England but he’s probably about 6th or 7th choice because of the embarrassment of attacking riches we have.

Think he's 2nd/3rd choice RW.

It's tougher on Maddison. Years undeservedly behind Mount at 10. Then Bellingham explodes as a 10 and Foden shows incredible form at 10. 

The fact it's all over the press about how Southgate is going to fit Foden into his team tells you everything you need to know! 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't start.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Think he's 2nd/3rd choice RW.

It's tougher on Maddison. Years undeservedly behind Mount at 10. Then Bellingham explodes as a 10 and Foden shows incredible form at 10. 

I agree. 6th/7th was just emphasising I’d probably expect Southgate to play his purples out of position rather than putting someone like him in.

I was messing around trying to predict what Southgate would do and it took a long time to even recognise Bowen could be an option.

7 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

It’s a real shame that Mount went to Man U. He’s been destroyed. Was a handy option for us. 

Disagree, think he’s a very limited player that can’t control games. I think he’d score goals in teams that have a lot of pace and counter quickly but he just doesn’t influence games anywhere near enough 

7 hours ago, Magpie said:

The fact it's all over the press about how Southgate is going to fit Foden into his team tells you everything you need to know! 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't start.

Foden, Bellingham, Rice, Saka, Stones and Kane should all be absolute non-negotiable starters for England.

Edited by McCormick

27 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Foden, Bellingham, Rice, Saka, Stones and Kane should all be absolute non-negotiable starters for England.

Absolutely. My team would be:

Kane

Gordon         Foden             Saka

Rice          Bellingham

Chilwell   Stones   Tomori    Walker

Pickford

4 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Absolutely. My team would be:

Kane

Gordon         Foden             Saka

Rice          Bellingham

Chilwell   Stones   Tomori    Walker

Pickford

Other than France, that would be the best starting XI at the tournament. It'll 100% be Rashford on the left though. 

The Gordon thing isn't club bias like Lascelles in 2018 for example, there's no English player better than him in that role at the moment. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Other than France, that would be the best starting XI at the tournament.

Wouldn't it? Gonna be a hard pill to swallow when Maguire starts alongside Stonses, one of Philips or Henderson starts alongside Rice and Foden plays left with Bellingham in the 10 role.

Even the sub options we should have (but probably won't) are very very good!

Bowen
Watkins
Solanke
Palmer
Eze
Maddison
Guehi
Mitchell
Trippier

Edited by Magpie

3 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Wouldn't it? Gonna be a hard pill to swallow when Maguire starts alongside Stonses, one of Philips or Henderson starts alongside Rice and Foden plays left with Bellingham in the 10 role.

Even the sub options we should have (but probably won't) are very very good!

Bowen
Watkins
Solanke
Palmer
Eze
Maddison
Guehi
Mitchell
Trippier

Even if he's not 100% on Gordon yet you could put Foden left and get Maddison or Bowen in behind Kane. Against some of the lesser teams you could even put Kane from the 10 position with Watkins even.

Anything but Rashford, Phillips, Henderson, etc. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I think I’d go for the team Magpie put but: Foden on the left, Bellingham at 10, Shaw at left-back and perhaps controversially I’d have TAA in the middle.

Gordon to be used as the supersub when situations call for it.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

I think I’d go for the team Magpie put but: Foden on the left, Bellingham at 10, Shaw at left-back and perhaps controversially I’d have TAA in the middle.

Gordon to be used as the supersub when situations call for it.

Shaw's likely to miss the Euros I thought, otherwise I'd have had him (think him and Chilwell both excellent though)