England

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Really don't understand what Gallagher offers, like. 

I used to think he was shite, but have been fairly impressed by him this season, don't think he's great or a world beater, but has been one of Chelsea better players 

8 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I thought the same thing at the start of this season when we were linked. But I've changed my mind entirely on him. He deserves that call up no doubt about it.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

That's a pretty big ask, as good as he's looked.

For sure and there are other youngsters not in the squad like Mainoo and Jones. Just saying there's an opportunity as opposed to being a #10 or winger right now, good luck.

13 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The CM door is very open for Miley if he can kick on in the next couple years.

Assuming there's no fundamental fitness issue which has impacted his form, Longstaff should be kicking himself. It's an area of relative weakness for England so he'd have had an outside chance if he'd built on his form from a year ago. 

10 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Rashford in :lol:

Can see him and Grealish both making the final squad ahead of Gordon which will be a disgrace. 

Squad has holes in it like. Not convinced about Chilwell at left back. Not sure about having Rice and Bellingham holding, seems like a waste of their attacking outlet - but you really really cannot be starting with Henderson or Phillips who are both done with. Harry Maguire. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Squad has holes in it like. Not convinced about Chilwell at left back. Not sure about having Rice and Bellingham holding, seems like a waste of their attacking outlet - but you really really cannot be starting with Henderson or Phillips who are both done with. Harry Maguire. 

It'll be Rice and Henderson with Bellingham as the 10 I'd have thought?

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

Gallagher is the epitome of the modern footballer - runs further than everyone else consistently, presses, grafts and influences teammates but you'll never see him do anything specular.

Unfortunately Michael Owen said it best recently - there are very few actual ballers in football these days, just athletes. And Gallagher is a really good athlete

Edited by Holmesy

Henderson starting would be a disgrace tbh. 

He's getting stick off Dutch media for  stinking it up with Ajax. 

Going into major tournament with him starting would be a major red flag. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Gomez has played RB,CB,LB for Liverpool. Looked solid.

It should be Southgate calling White not the other way around.

Just now, Likelylad said:

Henderson starting would be a disgrace tbh. 

He's getting stick off Dutch media for  stinking it up with Ajax. 

Going into major tournament with him starting would be a major red flag. 

Worst thing about Henderson is that he's never impressed for England.

For all I hate that Henderson pick I can’t think of any holding type centre midfielders that’s desperately unlucky not to be included. Im

sure there’ll be some but I can’t think of any?

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

For all I hate that Henderson pick I can’t think of any holding type centre midfielders that’s desperately unlucky not to be included. Im

sure there’ll be some but I can’t think of any?

Henderson isn’t a holding midfielder is he ?

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Worst thing about Henderson is that he's never impressed for England.

Don't think that's true; he was an important player as recently as the last Euros. 

There's limited really quality options for that out-and-out CM role after Rice. With any international experience at all you're choosing from Henderson, Philips, Gallagher, Skipp, Ward-Prowse, Skipp. Curtis Jones and Lewis Cook have had some involvement previously. Beyond that it's players who've barely featured in the England set-up. Willock, Mainoo.

It's a huge shame for England that Philips has lost his way. 

1 hour ago, Ronson333 said:

He left the World Cup squad early and has never been back.

Summer tournaments obviously colliding with his upcoming Love Island stint, spicy dickhead