England

Yorkie

2 hours ago, BlueStar said:

IMG-20240322-WA0008.jpg

What the fuck kind of traitors go about defacing our GREAT BRITISH crossings? #keepourcrossingswhite #absolutedisgrace

1 minute ago, Joe1984 said:

Why does the first hash tag ask for a Nike boycott, followed by two hash tags advertising them?

I'm guessing it's so his tweet shows on up on that hashtag damaging their brand?

Just now, El Prontonise said:

I'm guessing it's so his tweet shows on up on that hashtag damaging their brand?

Yeah seems logical. 😄

All I can say is that the England shirt didn’t always have the cross of St George on it in but, if you’re going to have it on, have it on. A nod to the past ffs, at least have the balls to say why it was changed. 

The trim on that tracksuit was red white and blue, trying to show some blurred photo showing otherwise is bollocksIMG_7913.jpeg.5d61070518b1c7c4750482a6ebcb4d5c.jpeg.

6 hours ago, BlueStar said:

IMG-20240322-WA0008.jpg

Ah fuck. I was walking home earlier listening to the Athletic podcast about England and really looking forward to the European Championship. Being back in England, watching games in a packed and rocking pub etc etc.

You just reminded me of all the other bullshit that comes with it *sigh*

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

A nod to the past ffs, at least have the balls to say why it was changed. 

Why do you think it was changed then? 

Every time England have played in kits with non-traditional St George’s Cross

The Three Lions have worn corrupted crosses on nine different shirts - and never worn the traditional English flag

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/england-played-no-st-george-cross-2969798

6 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Why do you think it was changed then? 

Every time England have played in kits with non-traditional St George’s Cross

The Three Lions have worn corrupted crosses on nine different shirts - and never worn the traditional English flag

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/england-played-no-st-george-cross-2969798

I don’t know why it was changed, but to say it is a nod to 1966 is just bollocks. A design decision was made and they’ve just made a story up. I believe it should stay red and white, the other examples haven’t kept the rectangle flag shape. I don’t care what colours they’d use instead of red and white; it’s a national flag on a national shirt. 

It sums up that everyone I know that are on Facebook kicking off are the same ones who cried over taking the knee, shouted loudest for brexit and regularly share shit about immigrants. Thought I had deleted them all but only takes one share/comment to bring them back in view :anguish:

It's a pretty dumb move by Nike given that flagshaggers are so predictable but as neesy said the bigger crime is the price of shirts these days 

13 hours ago, Nobody said:

Might have to buy that England shirt if it pisses people off this much :snod:

Age, I wish I had the money to buy it.

Money I can spend on a football shirt is being saved for our Adidas stuff.