England

Yorkie

16 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

Btw the Germans are having their own argument about kits as the DFB have went to Nike for their next deal.

Typical little Germaners.

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I don’t know why it was changed, but to say it is a nod to 1966 is just bollocks. A design decision was made and they’ve just made a story up. I believe it should stay red and white, the other examples haven’t kept the rectangle flag shape. I don’t care what colours they’d use instead of red and white; it’s a national flag on a national shirt. 

But trying to pay homage to something in a kit and getting too artistic with it or getting it a bit wrong is something shirt designers do all the time. Hell, the mackems tunnocks teacake display was meant to be some homage to chevrons on an old kit, even though they were white and the display was silver for some reason. And that was done by fans rather than an American sportswear company. Every season, especially under Puma, we were given some speil about why they'd put spikes, or a shwoosh of colour on the stripes or something and lots of people said it was bollocks. To try and suggest some secret ulterior motive in the messaging (why do it and then hide it?) just comes across as a bit of a paranoid victim complex. 

I don’t think there’s a secret motive, I just think they’ve made a story up. Southgate has simply said it’s not the cross of St George which is true enough.

Anyway, I agree that the real issue is the cost, no idea how they justify that.

I see Harvey Elliot currently has the title, but I wonder which senior player inevitably accidentally ends up with his collar up, making him the poster boy for hash tag respect.  

Well I for one think it’s a disgrace.  You can’t even say merry Christmas to a bendy banana anymore without some Brussels bureaucrat changing our flag.  

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Not sure Southgate can make the claim the most important part of the kit is the three lions?

Every single nation represents its flag, I can't imagine Deschamps saying the most important part of the France kit is the cock?

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Not sure Southgate can make the claim the most important part of the kit is the three lions?

Every single nation represents its flag, I can't imagine Deschamps saying the most important part of the France kit is the cock?

you mean the kit that always has the three lions but doesn't always have the flag?

Just now, Jack27 said:

you mean the kit that always has the three lions but doesn't always have the flag?

No, I mean international countries represent their nation, usually by their flag! You're right that the three lions have been a staple. 

But as you put, "doesn't always use the English flag," so in that case if you're using the flag use it correctly, if not, do not include it at all, like you mention it hasn't always been historically. 

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

No, I mean international countries represent their nation, usually by their flag! You're right that the three lions have been a staple. 

But as you put, "doesn't always use the English flag," so in that case if you're using the flag use it correctly, if not, do not include it at all, like you mention it hasn't always been historically. 

Exactly, I wonder what would happen if they did this to the country of say Africa or Cameroon.

Is it just me who doesn't care about the Enagland badge thing? Just like I don't care we have black and green stripes on our second team kit badge. Or black and yellow stripes on our third team kit badge?

24 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Can't remember a weaker Brazil squad in my lifetime. 

I think Brazil will beat us, really hope to see Endrick, and Savio.

Endrick they're saying is a super talent.

38 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

MBappe is probably the most important part though

22 minutes ago, Checko said:

Is it just me who doesn't care about the Enagland badge thing? Just like I don't care we have black and green stripes on our second team kit badge. Or black and yellow stripes on our third team kit badge?

Nope. Couldn't give a fuck.