Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Guest chopey

Rooney  Dier  Ali    Stirling

Vardy      Kane

Possibly if Rooney has to play ?

Guest chopey

After last nights performance I've no confidence in woy been clever enough to pick a team that doesn't contain Rooney for the benefit of the team

After last nights performance I've no confidence in woy been clever enough to pick a team that doesn't contain Rooney for the benefit of the team

That's it like, I was thinking that a front six of Lallana-Alli-Dier-Sterling/Kane-Vardy would be well balanced enough then I realised Rooney wasn't in there so it's not going to happen. This is why I was against him going to the tournament at all, he doesn't get treated like a normal player.

Hodgson on Kane's corners:

"Yes, he's the best striker of the ball we have. He's the one who gives us the best delivery. We've tried many other players and we don't get the same level of delivery.

"We also have so many players in the penalty area who are very good at attacking the ball - Wayne Rooney being one - that we don't necessarily need Harry there.

"We need him more on the ball, taking the kick, because that's our best chance of scoring."

"don't get the same level of delivery" ???

They're International footballers ffs  :lol:

I hate the idea of trying to pick out a specific man at corners as it never works (see Williamson,Mike),and even if it does after one corner the opposition gets wise to it and your set penis plan is hanging out of the window.

Just get it in the area and attack it ffs.

Even if that statement from Hodgson is factually true, I'd imagine the advantage you get from having him on deliveries doesn't outweigh the advantage you'd have of putting, say, your second best player on deliveries and your main striker and goal threat inside the box.

It's not as if he's Beckham-like either.

They're International footballers ffs  [emoji38]

I hate the idea of trying to pick out a specific man at corners as it never works (see Williamson,Mike),and even if it does after one corner the opposition gets wise to it and your set penis plan is hanging out of the window.

Exactly :thup:

Nothing he said goes against that.

I find it weird but who else would take them? Rooney? Dier? Highlights a lack of quality in that squad. Like someone mentioned he's no Beckham at that anyway.

Corner kick taker debates really annoy me with professional footballers. Definitely a pet hate. Anybody should be able to cross a ball in the box, beating the first man most of the time and not hitting it beyond the back post most of the time.

Nothing he said goes against that.

I find it weird but who else would take them? Rooney? Dier? Highlights a lack of quality in that squad. Like someone mentioned he's no Beckham at that anyway.

I'm sure Lallana could put a decent corner in. He's also not an aerial threat so would seem a good choice to me.

Corner kick taker debates really annoy me with professional footballers. Definitely a pet hate. Anybody should be able to cross a ball in the box, beating the first man most of the time and not hitting it beyond the back post most of the time.

Should does not equal can though.

Aye, if you want to to be headed away 10 times of our 10 or the 'keeper to come and catch it 10 times out of 10.

Taking a very good corner a lot more difficult than most think and requires a lot of skill. Any pro could do as you say but would be cleared easily by the defence every single time.