England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

That was one the most technically deficient England performances I've seen, and I can remember Don Revie filling his team with 5 centre backs.

There was a 0-0 draw against Spain when Shaun Wright Phillips was racially abused that was so dire that everyone seems to have forgotten it ever happened.

I remember Bobby Robson putting out a side that got easily  beat at Wembley against Russia that had a centre midfield pairing of John Gregory and Steve Hunt. Grim times.

If it's the game I'm thinking of, I believe I was there. FFS.

'84 , before Sir Bobby realised Glenn Hoddle was the man to build his team around. Think we lost 2-0 and were lucky to get 0.

Yeah I was there [emoji38]. Does the statute of limitations apply to child cruelty over 30 years?

I almost rang Esther Rantzen up just watching it on Match of the Day so I reckon you have a case. [emoji23]

Does it matter at all what happens in this game? Like for winning the group or anything? My knowledge of the campaign is pretty minimal.

How might we not win the group if we've already qualified?

I dunno, couldn’t we come second?

No

Does it matter at all what happens in this game? Like for winning the group or anything? My knowledge of the campaign is pretty minimal.

How might we not win the group if we've already qualified?

I dunno, couldn’t we come second?

No. Only first place qualifies automatically. Second gets the playoffs.

edit: whey, eight of the nine second-placed teams do.

What do people expect? The English players are average to begin with. Whatever side he picks, it won't be very good bar a handful of players.

Moan at one team - changes majority of it and people still moan. We're shit just accept that. The main issue is how negative we are, so let's see if they actually try to attack today unlike previous games.

Could barely name a Lithuanian player that has ever played football.

More of a basketball nation anyway.

Sure Arsenal had one a few years back. And Hearts used to have a few given that they were owned by a Lithuanian iirc.