England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

The 'keeper and defence was hard to choose because the options are rubbish. The attacking options were hard to choose because the options are all pretty good in their own way.

34907793_2249913811964120_3860628763867873280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d122f4ab2f4aca5e8035208394e79290&oe=5BB6E7A3

:lol: Fucking hell. 1 CB and 1 CM?  How many full backs? That team is crackers.

The Rose bit's probably a bit off, but Walker can definitely play right centre back and it's a CB, 2 full backs, and 2 wing backs/wingers really. It's more that I just didn't want to play Maguire, Stones, or Jones tbh, I don't like any of them.

I think playing people out of their positions can sometimes be useful (see Delph at Man City), and don't always subscribe to the school of thought that players must play in the position they were developed in, but I have to say I think any of those 3 would play better at CB than Danny Rose. I also think Danny Rose would play better than Delph at Wing Back too.

Nothing highlights how little football I've watched the past few years than my complete mysticism over how 5 at the back works like. I'm old school Premier League. I understand 4-4-2 and 4-5-1. That's it.

As someone who used to watch a shit load of football the last few weeks have been a real head spinner for me, there's literally dozens of players at this WC who i literally have no clue existed.

On one hand it's exciting for me though, the unknown is a weird but great place.

Butland

Walker - Stones - Cahill

Trippier - Dier - Henderson - Rose

Alli - Sterling

Kane

Would be The Discman's team. Swap out Dier for Lingard again Tunisia/Panama.

Guest firetotheworks
:lol: It's more a commentary on my dislike of Maguire, Stones, and Jones than my sanity like. I'm sure that I'd learn my lesson after 15 minutes if I was actually the England manager.

Butland

Walker - Stones - Cahill

Alli - Sterling

Kane

Probably, apart from I'd prefer someone less lightweight than lingard in reserve for CM rotation. We'd be looking much more dynamic if Oxlade Chamberlain wasn't injured, unfortunately.

Butland

Walker - Stones - Cahill

Alli - Sterling

Kane

Probably, apart from I'd prefer someone less lightweight than lingard in reserve for CM rotation. We'd be looking much more dynamic if Oxlade Chamberlain wasn't injured, unfortunately.

Aye, he'll be a big loss. All the CM's are a bit rubbish all in all. Don't particularly rate Lingard but he has an eye for goal whereas Loftus-Cheek doesn't appear too.

Butland

Walker - Stones - Cahill

Alli - Sterling - Rashford

Kane

FYT. It's now perfect.

Surprised at the lack of Lingard in those teams. I think he adds a lot to our attack.

I'd go -

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire

A-Arnold Lingard Dier Alli Rose

Rashford Kane

Not much to choose between Pickford and Butland, but Pickford's long clearances are exceptional.

Dier makes it ahead of Henderson, for his ability in the air at set pieces, where I think a lot of our chances will come.

The Sterling - Rashford debate is a lot closer than is being said at the moment, but in the first two games we'll be up against teams playing defensively, and Sterling's pace won't be so much of an asset if there's not going to be much space behind the opposition's defence, and we're not getting many opportunities on the counter attack.

The Sterling - Rashford debate is a lot closer than is being said at the moment, but in the first two games we'll be up against teams playing defensively, and Sterling's pace won't be so much of an asset if there's not going to be much space behind the opposition's defence, and we're not getting many opportunities on the counter attack.

I reckon Sterling has probably had some experience playing against teams who are parking the bus like. Unless his 18 goals and 11 assists only came against teams that we're going gung-ho against Man City.

I reckon Sterling has probably had some experience playing against teams who are parking the bus like. Unless his 18 goals and 11 assists only came against teams that we're going gung-ho against Man City.

A decent point, but Man City are usually miles better than whatever opposition they're facing, and also better than England.

As I said, I think it's a fairly close call. Rashford is quite a talent, but at the moment, he can be a bit selfish and doesn't always release the ball when he should. I'd actually rather we had another option.