England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Obviously I'm biased as fuck, but we weren't the bad guys last night right?

You were absolute fucking cunts and an American ref should never work an English match. Should be an inquest.

Come on Wally Wack, we're even wearing all red to try and accommodate you. YNWA.

Finally seen that Pickford save properly from all angles. Absolutely unbelievable stuff, both the shot and the save are better than anything else you'll see this WC imo. Pickford surely has best keeper sewn up. I'm blown away by that performance like.

Horrible Mackem runt that he is.

Not that it really takes anything away from the save but the shot wasn’t on target was it? Looks like it was going wide on all the alternate angles.

The headlines if Colombia won the shootout:

"MORON PICKFORD COSTS ENGLAND THE WORLD CUP"

"NEEDLESS CORNER ELIMINATES ENGLAND"

Finally seen that Pickford save properly from all angles. Absolutely unbelievable stuff, both the shot and the save are better than anything else you'll see this WC imo. Pickford surely has best keeper sewn up. I'm blown away by that performance like.

Best keeper cos of one brilliant save? He's barely had anything else to do yet

Literally save of the tournament and amazing save for the penalty.

Nowt.

Nowt.

If it wasn't going in I'd not class it as save of the tournament tbh.

Nowt.

Fine. Kid did nowt.

Then he can be 2nd best keeper after Schmeicel for losing a shootout then?

That works I guess.

Nowt.

Fine. Kid did nowt.

That works I guess.

What did he save if the ball wasn't going in? :pow:

Nowt.

Fine. Kid did nowt.

That works I guess.

I'll be honest, the replays I've seen are not clear. From what I've seen he tips it onto the outside of the post. If that's wrong then fine but he showed remarkable speed and agility to even get to it. Better than anything else I've in the tournament.

Also as stated the technique from the Colombian was fucking nuts and it didn't go in so then I guess he deserves no credit either.

Come on man.

Name a better keeping performance. Go on.

Keeper of the tournament for making a great save on a shot that might have gone wide and saving one penalty? Not a single clean sheet either despite questionable opponents. :lol:

Sewn up imo.

I agree that it would be a scummy thing to do and if they did then it’s shameful. Even if they went outside to watch it instead. I can’t help but feel that it never actually happened though and that the line ‘The Titanic is available to see at the Theatre now’ is the real story.

Keeper of the tournament for making a great save on a shot that might have gone wide and saving one penalty? Not a single clean sheet either despite questionable opponents. [emoji38]

Sewn up imo.

Again, name a better performance. It's not fucking hard, apparently. There must be so much competition...

Nowt.

Fine. Kid did nowt.

That works I guess.

I'll be honest, the replays I've seen are not clear. From what I've seen he tips it onto the outside of the post. If that's wrong then fine but he showed remarkable speed and agility to even get to it. Better than anything else I've in the tournament.

Also as stated the technique from the Colombian was fucking nuts and it didn't go in so then I guess he deserves no credit either.

Come on man.

Name a better keeping performance. Go on.

If it was going in it was the save of the tournament so far. I'm just saying it wouldn't be, by definition, if it wasn't going in no matter if he reached it or not.

In short, I'm being a pedantic cunt 'cause I'm bored.

Keeper of the tournament for making a great save on a shot that might have gone wide and saving one penalty? Not a single clean sheet either despite questionable opponents. [emoji38]

Sewn up imo.

Again, name a better performance. It's not fucking hard, apparently. There must be so much competition...

Better performance in general - or best save? If performance in general, there's tons. Pickford had so little to do in the match, man :lol:

Sewn up imo.

Better performance in general - or best save? If performance in general, there's tons. Pickford had so little to do in the match, man [emoji38]

Name them then. Jesus. Goalkeepers. Has to be spelled out.

You don't get the best keeper of the tournament for one performance. Alisson and Muslera have both conceded just one goal, Olsen has three clean sheets. Can't really put Pickford above Lloris, Courtois or Subasic either and I'm likely forgetting some obvious ones that have been knocked out.

Pickford is up there and has a chance if he/England finish strong but it really isn't sewn up. :lol:

You don't get the best keeper of the tournament for one performance. Alisson and Muslera have both conceded just one goal, Olsen has three clean sheets. Can't really put Pickford above Lloris, Courtois or Subasic either and I'm likely forgetting some obvious ones that have been knocked out.

Pickford is up there and has a chance if he/England finish strong but it really isn't sewn up. [emoji38]

Penalty shootout wins will trump most of that like

Sewn up imo.

Better performance in general - or best save? If performance in general, there's tons. Pickford had so little to do in the match, man [emoji38]

Name them then. Jesus. Goalkeepers. Has to be spelled out.

There's literally too many to mention. Pickford made one amazing "save". There were only four shots at goal from Colombia over the entire 120 minutes. How that turns into "goalkeeping performance of the tournament" is beyond me.

Schmeichel, Akinfeev and Subasic did better as penalty stoppers as well. If I need to name one performance, then Subasic vs Iceland, for instance had some great keeper moments.